x

Login issues

I am new to the community.

I have been out of the UK and not logged in to my Pro Account site (13thguardspoltavaskaya.com) for around 3-4 weeks.

I logged in yesterday as usual, got to the dashboard and could access stats etc. I went to edit site page, only partial shown i.e. grey screen with the text, build, pages etc on right, no drag and drop boxes on left of screen, just blank. I logged out and then back in again, but now the screen is totally blank! Weebly is still shown on the address bar/tab at the top of the screen; the rest of the screen is blank.

I have managed to access my account login history, which shows that I have been logged on each time I tried to access? I have viewed the site online and all looks OK.

I have run the site for around eight years and if I recall rightly, I had a similar problem a number of years ago, but it was not this persistent and appeared to right itself. To my knowledge, I have not made any recent changes on my computer, which may have caused an issue and all other applications are running as normal.

By the way, I am in my 60's and I wouldn't describe myself as particularly computer literate or savvy, so any help or advice would be appreciated! There are no other apparent means to contact Weebly and phoning from the UK would be prohibitively expensive!  

Jonmicksda                          

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Hi. What browser are you using?

Google Chrome? Firefox?

Internet explorer?

Note  that Internet explorer  has not been updated in 4 years   and naturally  wont support Weebly any longer.   You need to start using Google Chrome   or other.

If u r using Chrome already, please check to see if the version on your computer is up to date.

Check that on:

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

If its showing  out of date you need to update your browser.

If u need more help, message again

Message 10 of 9

Hi Whitemonkey, thanks for prompt reply! I am using Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7. Browser is shown as:
being up to date.
jonmicksda.
Message 10 of 9

Hi. The browser is showing 'up to date' but there have been no updates for 4 years

IE is no longer compatible with Weebly!!!!  And other websites.

Please switch to chrome or other... Microsoft Edge is the new IE

Message 10 of 9

I wrote my own post about IE on:

https://www.nomadicbackpacker.com/blogging-with-weebly/weebly-is-no-longer-supported-by-internet-exp...

Which includes the official low down from Weebly regarding using out dated browsers

Message 10 of 9
Square

Like @whitemonkey said in his post, we no longer support IE for editing since Microsoft no longer releases updates for that browser. You should have no trouble at all, though, if you switch to the newest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or FireFox.

Message 10 of 9

Hi Gents!

Thanks for the updates. I have installed Chrome as suggested, problem solved and I am now able to access and edit my site! Many thanks again!!!

jonmicksda.

Message 10 of 9

thats great..... thanks for letting everyone know...

Message 10 of 9
Square

That's great, @jonmicksda!

Message 10 of 9