x

Referring Sites

Could you please tell me what the "referring sites" is?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Any site that contains a link back to your site is a referring site, and visitors clicking on these links are referred visitors. To learn more about these referred visits, select All Traffic > Referrals from the left pane of the Dashboard if your using Google Analytics.

Message 2 of 9

Thank you very much.  I have been thinking about adding Google Analytics to my site, but have not had the time to research to see how to do that.  Is the process of getting it set up on my Weebly site easy??

Message 3 of 9

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/201979698-Google-Analytics

the first time is a PITA. Google Analytics is really powerful so until you get familiar with the cpanel it won't be a fun experience. There is a company I'm working with that has bought another company and together I'm looking forward to changing all that. ❤️

Message 4 of 9

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/201979698-Google-Analytics

the first time is a PITA. Google Analytics is really powerful so until you get familiar with the cpanel it won't be a fun experience. There is a company I'm working with that has bought another company and together I'm looking forward to changing all that. I'll keep you in the loop!

Message 5 of 9

Thank you very much, Guruts!

Message 6 of 9

I'm not sure what PITA is, but I was able to follow the instructions that you linked to to insert the code in the header for Google Analytics.  Thank you very much.  Now, I'm just not sure where to look to see the results.Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 9

@LoveReading wrote:

I'm not sure what PITA is....

It's like a Pain In The Neck, but you have a lower opinion of it.

Message 8 of 9

Oh, (blush), I understand.  I did set up an account and look at it everyday.  I don't understand a lot of it, but enough to know that I am getting a few visitors--even if they are probably robots.  There are a lot of visits from United Kingdom for some reason and a few other countries.  But, eventually I will learn a little more about it.

Thanks again!

Message 9 of 9