x

WCS

What is WCS and would you recommend a standard domain transfer or a transfer to WCS?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

By WCS I'm assuming you mean this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Coverage_Service

If you're looking to use your domain with Weebly, I'd recommend sticking with transfering it to us or updating DNS records to point to us.

Message 2 of 11

Thanks for the reply Adam. I got the option to transfer as a WCS but it looks like it is not what I wanted. I have submitted a request to resolve this so hopefully, I will hear back by the end of today.

I definitely want the standard transfer as you have suggested so hopefully this will be sorted for me.

Message 3 of 11

Thanks for the Wiki ref, but really, what is WCS, in layman's terms and what does it mean for us? I bought a domain through Weebly, (onthisplanetearth.com) and I saw the WCS in the upper left of my main page, until I turned it off. How does it affect things? Should I keep it there? etc...

Thanks, Mark

Message 4 of 11
Square

Did you choose the theme with the elephant? The name of the sample website is Wildlife Conservation Services and I'm pretty sure the WCS you saw in the corner was the logo for the sample company. Sounds like it was just a coincidence based on the theme you choose. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11

Duh! Thanks...!

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 11
Square

No worries! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 11

Hello Bernadette.

I have built my site with Weebly by using the Basic Plan. Then I decided to upgrade to Pro. Something I did not know is: The basic plan wouldn't become upgraded automatically but rather I would get something like a better builder to start building a new site. WHERE Am Stuck: How to continue building the same site using the upgraded plan?

Message 10 of 11
Square

Hi @Mwetamba I don't quite understand what you mean. What is the name of your site, please? 

Message 10 of 11
Square

If you log into the editor and click on Settings at the top you can change that site title from WCS to whatever you like. @markgilchrist

Message 10 of 11

Thanks for this solution.  Same thing happened to me.

May I add that you have to check the box next to:  __ Show title on the top of your pages

Then click on Save (at the right), and Publish.

Message 11 of 11