x

Diversify or Combine my sites?

I have a marketing technical question for the group’s feedback. I currently have a registered domain, being hosted. I have the potential for unlimited add-on domains with this host as well as subdomains. This allowed me to help couple of friends out with their cost. At this point, I have four domains. The main inquiry is with my subdomains.

So for an example, mattcole.us is my primary, while having author.mattcole.us, prepping.mattcole.us, and so on. I initially did this to help maintain separate content. 

That being said, my question is this:

Does anyone here also split out their addon domains, or find it better to have it all on one domain, separating out the content?

I want to know how each of you are

a) hosting and

b) maintaining your content via website(s).

I have three main streams I am currently controlling.

A) prepping site (which my next book will be about)

B) main site (which links to my subdomains) and

C) author site (which provides information on my upcoming events, books, Ect. 

Any feedback, experience is appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

To a certain extent I think it's personal preference, although it also depends on how related the content is. Google will view each as a separate entity, so you might have more sites that can get indexed but because the content is distributed across several sites no single site has as much for it to crawl. 

I'm not an SEO expert so I don't know if that's good, bad, or makes little difference. I think as long as the sites link well between each other it would help keep it from being to confusing to site visitors.

Message 3 of 2