x

Does your website have customer reviews?

Hey, everyone!

Last week, I was reading @Heirloom_Angel's post about customer feedback, and it started me down a rabbit hole. First, I was wondering how useful this kind of direct feedback would be, and then I started thinking about how many folks are using them in the first place.

Wouldn't you know that the mighty blog-crafters of Weebly must have heard my thoughts? (Perhaps I was muttering aloud at my desk? Smiley Wink) Yesterday, I saw that this blog post was published: The Customer is Always Right: Why Your Website Should Include Reviews.

Well, I suppose the title starts to answer my first question, but I dug a bit deeper. Digital marketing pro Adam Fridman is quoted in the article saying, “People love other people's opinions. Even if the other people are strangers they've never met, they will take their advice over anything they read from a company's website." ... And there you have it - my first question answered.

So, this leaves my second question - how many of you actually use customer reviews or feedback on your sites? If you do use them, how do you display them? With an app? Something more DIY? I'm curious!

Thanks, and enjoy your day!

Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Hello Erin, my name is Antwan.
I am actually here looking for ways I can help customers leave reviews for my products. I am a small business and I would like to know some recoommended suggestions, and affordable. Hopefully connected directly through weebly.
Message 2 of 21

Hey, @TP_Presents!

That's great! What perfect timing. If you check out the blog post, you'll see that it suggests two different ways - either by using apps available in our App Center (which the article links to) or by doing it yourself. 

Why don't you take a look, and see which seems best for your approach.

Let me know if you get stuck!

Thanks,

Erin

Message 3 of 21

Well, this sounds interesting. However, I do not see the features in the app store that helps with my particular need. I have jewelry and other products and I want to have the function whereas after my clients makes their purchase they have the option to leave a review. I would not have a problem DIY (myself), but how can I design my reviews to be set based on actual customers who made a purchase. I noticed here in Feb, the developers were considering adding a similar design. What happened, any updates!

Message 4 of 21

Hey!

Great feedback. Although I haven't heard anything specific from our developers, I do have an idea or two about how you might be able to do this.

• You could include a link to a survey in your confirmation emails. You would need to collect the survey data yourself, and then enter it into your site.
  • As mentioned in the Community post I referenced, you could email your customers directly (using Promote or another email tool) to directly ask for reviews.

These ideas require a bit of work on your end, but as we saw in the blog post, it should pay off!

Thanks,

Erin

Message 5 of 21

Some Weebly users have mentioned using a third party service called Testimonial Robot. You can check it out here: http://www.testimonialrobot.com

It is a paid service (with a free trial), but it maybe something to consider. Especially if you want something right now. That is easy to do.

Note: I've not used this service; just listening to feedback from many of our customers, over the years.

Message 6 of 21

I am currently using the Comments+ app and LOVE it!  No need for customers to sign into anything to leave feedback!

Message 7 of 21

That is most excellent feedback @Heirloom_Angel! Thank you!

Message 8 of 21

I will when I get A CUSTOMER Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 21

We allow customers to leave comments and reviews on specific product pages of our weebly site.  Here's a sample... 

http://www.shopnonstoptuning.com/store/p67/2009_-_2016_Nissan_370Z_%26_G37_Pulley_Kit_NST13710K_.htm...

Everything there is built and managed within the weebly control panel. 

Thanks weebly! 

MIKE @ NST
www.NonStopTuning.com 

Message 10 of 21

@NST

Hi, I like the way your review form is set. Is it a contact form? So you receive a comment by email and then add it to the site yourself?

Thak you!

Message 11 of 21

Hi @JustImagine

You're correct.  Contact forms for each product page, processed via email. 

Best of luck! 

MIKE @ NST 
www.NonStopTuning.com

Message 12 of 21

Thanks, @NST! Super helpful.

Message 13 of 21

I want to allow customer reviews but weebly told me that they currently dont offer it.  Is it true?  My website is product based (modest swimwear and clothing) and reviews would be very usefull.  All my competitors have customer reviews on their (non-weebly) sites.

Message 14 of 21
Square

Actually, you can do that with third party apps in our App Center:

https://www.weebly.com/app-center/search/review

I'm sure you can find one there that will work well for you, @MarSeaModest.

Message 15 of 21

I was just wondering how to add this feature to my site.  I think I will try out the Bamboo app for testimonitals. 
Any feedback would be good! 

Message 17 of 21

Hi,

I've just added the "What our clients are saying" box to my website but can't work out how to use it.  Do you just get the testimonials and manually type them in.  I'd like a way for clients to add their own testimonials via a form if that's possible.

Michelle

Message 22 of 21
Square

I'm fairly sure that you'll need to add the information yourself, @MichelleLouise, although I'm not sure which specific app it is you added. If it's the "Testimonials" app by @baamboostudio you'll want to enter that information yourself.

Message 22 of 21

Thank you.  I used the contact form and that was what came up, sort of an accident really.

Message 22 of 21

Is there any way I can get reviews on my site/emails collecting reviews without having to upgrade to the second premium option?

Message 22 of 21
Square

There isn't really a way to use the built-in feature without upgrading, @stannersss. If you are using some kind of email marketing tool (like MailChimp), you could probably set something up to email customers and ask them to email you with comments, or to leave a review with something else like Google reviews, Yelp, etc.

Message 22 of 21