x

Stats: Unique Visitors & Page Views

So here is the situation:

According to the stats page my blog (http://maplemonarchists.weebly.com/) had 653 Unique Visitors over the last 30 days. It also says that I have had 43,160 views over the same period. From what I understand this would mean that on average visitors to my site did so 66 times each (or some visited a lot more often). This seems...wrong. Not that I wouldn't love it if I do in fact have that many loyal readers but even the sites I visit frequently (Facebook for one) it would take 2 visits per day to reach that number (and I don't post that often).

I guess my question is whether there might be something playing with the visitor data I'm unaware of.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

Hey @Kisaragi! We track by IP address, so our stats will also include search engine bots and spiders. Automated tools like those will usefully visit every single page of your site which is linked; I'm guessing that's what caused some of the higher page views vs. visitor data you're seeing.

Message 8 of 7

I have many unique visitors on my web page, mainly from Russia.   I want to delete them.  Is this possible?

tiggyrawling.com

Message 8 of 7
Square

Those visits are what are called "referral spam". It's basically bots visiting a site in the hopes that you'll visit the referring URL; pretty much every site on the internet will have a lot of this. I'd recommend just ignoring it, though, since no one sees that data but you.

Message 8 of 7

Is there any way of changing the statistics page, so that we can see the unique visitors and page views that were longer than a year ago? So essentially, have a section that says 'Total Unique Visitors' and 'Total Page Views'.

I publish both of these statistics on my website, but soon my site will have been live for more than a year, and I will not be able to accurately keep them up to date, if I cannot see past one year...

Message 8 of 7
Square

Unfortunately, not right now. I did see that you posted this to our Vote on Features board, which is exactly what you should do if you'd like us to add more stats. It won't help for historical stats, though you could add Google Analytics to your site for more info.

http://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/201979698-Google-Analytics

Message 8 of 7

There are two parts to this question:

1. Is there any way to filter out these 'unwanted' unique visitors?

2. Why, when trying to look at the unique visitors, can't we see statistics past 1 year? Can this be extended to allow us to see further? Perhaps have an option to see 'All Unique Visitors' and 'All Pageviews' (instead of just the '1 Week', '1 Month', '3 Months', '6 Months' and '1 Year'). This would be incredibly helpful

Message 8 of 7