x

Cant assign W purchased Domain name to a weebly site-cant setup linked gmail email - NO SUPPORT

I bought a domain (www.carlosparkplayablanca.com) off Weebly and it will not let me assign it to a weebly site that I have just designed, The message comes up that it is already assigned to another site - which I have not done.

When I try and assigning it on 'set domain destination' ‘assign to one of weebly sites 'This site is already assigned to 264046797178641175.weebly.com. What would you like to do?' comes up I then select 'set as primary...' and press save and the top right indicates saving and then nothing happens (I have left this running for an hour - nothing)

I have requested help over the last two days from Weebly and had no response,ticket number etc - nothing! 

It also will not let me set up a gmail email address (info@carlosparkplayablanca.com) 'failed creating subscription' just comes up every time.

All this is very urgent as the site was meant to be up and running on 1st Jan and I had sent out invites for subscriptions for that date.

Very frustrating as I chose weebly for ease and seem unable to get this resolved or any prompt response.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

Sorry for the trouble, @KINGAMAZIN. I've made a change on our end which should let you use the domain with the site. Regarding email, how long have you had the domain, and did you ever set up the domain with Google Apps in the past?

Message 3 of 3

This is apparently an issue Weebly is aware of (you brought it to their attention) and hasn't yet fixed on their end.  And just like you, I'm struggling getting any kind of support.  

I'm having the exact same problem (the first part, at least)...I purchased a domain name to assign to an existing weebly site I own (I own a Pro subscription).  I want to forward it to my existing domain.  I went through all the steps to make that happen, and click on 'save' in the top corner, and it's now just 'saving...' (like you said, for hours).  

They sent me an email to confirm my identity, and I confirmed it.  I have sent in two requests on line for help, have posted here in the community...and am still waiting.  I can't find any other way to contact them.  Based on your post and their reply, it's a problem that they know how to fix.  

Message 4 of 3