x

Changed the name of my website now it's not being found

I changed the name of my website - from duckspoultrysurreyuk.weebly.com to surreyducks.weebly.com,

I've done all the verifications etc as before with google, and its been published under the new name - but when i search for my keywords etc, it only finds my old site address not the new one... the old site just comes up with the 404 - page not found (because it doesn't exist and i've removed it from google manager.

What have i missed and why am i not being found, I need this up and running i'm losing business!!!!!!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 7
2 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

If the content of your site is the same and you only changed the address, you really only need to update your SEO if you want to. It's probably fine to leave it all as-is.

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 7

Best Answer

Ok Guys,

Thanks for the info, so it's really just a waiting game for google to catch up!

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Hello! Sorry for the stress. When was the change put through?

Message 8 of 7

I done the change on the 12th June - so 5 days now.

Message 8 of 7

Okay! It does look like the new subdomain is indexed, which is good. One thing you'd want to be aware of is that SEO is based on the domain or subdomain in question, rather than the site content. As such, the old URL will still be associated with the keywords for the moment. As time goes on, you should be able to build up the same SEO on your new site.

Message 8 of 7

So should i Change some of the SEO, For now.

Regards

Message 8 of 7
Square

Best Answer

If the content of your site is the same and you only changed the address, you really only need to update your SEO if you want to. It's probably fine to leave it all as-is.

Message 8 of 7

Best Answer

Ok Guys,

Thanks for the info, so it's really just a waiting game for google to catch up!

Message 8 of 7