x

5 years since requested and still no reader with USB-C

Seriously, it's been over 5 years since it was requested to have a usb-c mag reader available. We are forced to use cumbersome cable adapters to utilize old 3.5mm equipment. Square is a multi BILLION dollar company and it's time to get moving on this.

I show up at a clients house, do some work, and when taking credit card payment I have to ask my client to hold my phone while I hold the magreader because it's attached to a ghetto cable?!?!? This is so stupid and unprofessional looking.

So I've been forced to use online checkout for a more professional payment option which comes at a higher fee vs on-site swipe. My invoice payments are in the thousands to bluetooth reader is not an option.

This is my rant and from this day forward I will stop using Square solely for this one reason. Make a usb-C magreader already please or give me a credit for every time I use online checkout instead and am forced to pay a higher free.

This is ridiculous!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

As payment systems continue to evolve and security policy changes Mag readers for cards are slowly disappearing and I suspect that most cards will not function without chip and pin very soon. In Canada this is already the case

Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello @JTPets, 

We are happy to see you back in our Seller Community! 

Thanks for your feedback regarding the need of a compatible USB-C Square reader. We continue to gather seller's requests and details around this feature. In the meantime, we would like to invite you to be part of our new feature request board called "Ideate". Here you can look for your current request and add any additional insight you feel can be beneficial to our product team. If the request already exists, please like the post and add a comment, if it does not, you can create a feature request for this specific topic.

Thanks for your patience while we work through this feature request. Have a good day.  

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seciรณn y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 3 of 3