x
Beta Member

Secure Session Denial Pixel 6 Pro with Android 13

Hi I just wanted to know if there's a way to fix Secure session denial on Square POS app with the Square Reader for contacless and chip.

I was recently in the Android 13 Beta Program (not anymore) and I had Developper Options on. When I connected the Reader the first time it told me to remove Developper Options (which I did) and it worked just fine the first 30 minutes. I managed to do a test checkout with a 5$ item and then I just left it alone for a bit. After that the reader has been constantly giving me a secure session denial on my Google Pixel 6 Pro. I tried other phones and they all worked with no problems (iPad Air 5, Google Pixel 3a). My guess is that Android 13 is so new that the app still thinks I'm in Developper mode. Other than that, I've been trying to make this work on my phone for 2 days now

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @DSTN-Net and @Izen, thank you both for flagging this. Wishing you both a warm welcome to the Seller Community. 

We usually recommend following the troubleshooting steps below if you continue to encounter this issue:

1. In your Square Point of Sale app, go to Settings > Card Readers > forget all card readers
  2. Force-quit the app
  3. Open device settings
  4. Navigate to Bluetooth
  5. Forget all Square Readers
  6. Hold the button on the reader until the lights flash red (this will reset the Reader)
  7. Reboot the Device
  8. Re-launch Square Point of Sales, wait 1-2 minutes and re-pair the reader

Let me know if the above steps work for you both at all. I'd be happy to further investigate if the issue persists. 

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Pixel 5 here, updated to android13-2 days ago. I too haven't had access to my reader since the update.This is super inconvenient. 

Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

I guess we have to wait for an app update for it to fully support Android 13

Message 3 of 8

This is super disappointing, I spent 3 hours with support today, they had no answers and kept saying my readers broken and its out of warranty lol.  

Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

You're best bet if you really need it to work is to use another phone.

Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

My square reader suddenly started working again today. I haven't changed anything from the past 4 days.

Message 6 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @DSTN-Net and @Izen, thank you both for flagging this. Wishing you both a warm welcome to the Seller Community. 

We usually recommend following the troubleshooting steps below if you continue to encounter this issue:

1. In your Square Point of Sale app, go to Settings > Card Readers > forget all card readers
  2. Force-quit the app
  3. Open device settings
  4. Navigate to Bluetooth
  5. Forget all Square Readers
  6. Hold the button on the reader until the lights flash red (this will reset the Reader)
  7. Reboot the Device
  8. Re-launch Square Point of Sales, wait 1-2 minutes and re-pair the reader

Let me know if the above steps work for you both at all. I'd be happy to further investigate if the issue persists. 

Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

As I said I haven't done anything and the reader started working again for me 2 days ago so I guess your programmers added Android 13 in the API for it to not give the error anymore. The issue has been resolved for me.

Message 8 of 8