x

Anchor link didnt work

I followed this video and it worked!

How'd They Do That: Anchor Links >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iex5H0AW4vc&index=11&list=PLZVcwn1HNJpeYLevdnBX-y6chBaoRDDGQ

Until yesterday, when I published and clicked on each link I created, it didnt work anymore

and I tried to delete and make new link but It still didnt work

Anyone can help please?

http://www.littlepbyprompt.com 

here is my website, on each icon of Our mission or Our Places - they supposed to link to the bottom of this page

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

It works for me !!!

Message 2 of 24

Hello!

The links seem to be working here currently. Are you still seeing any issues there?

Message 3 of 24

its still didnt work!

http://www.littlepbyprompt.com/index.html#Places when I clicked - nothing happen  -.,-"

It has to be problem with pc version? because it works great on my mobile phone

and all my friends checked my website with their notebook, didnt work aswell 

What should I do? 

Thank you..

Message 4 of 24

clear your browser cache get rid of all the cookies.

Message 5 of 24
Square

Are you using Chrome? There's currently a bug in new versions of Chrome causing issues with Anchor links.  Try adding a non-breaking space (&nbspSmiley Wink to your anchor code like this:

<a name="myanchor">&nbsp;</a>
Message 6 of 24

This is WORKING! Thank you very much!
Message 7 of 24
Square

That's great to hear!

Message 8 of 24

I am having a similar problem. I have a footer with text that I am trying to link to a text heading elsewhere on the page. this is what I have done exactly: 

The paragraph tite is "WHO WE ARE" 

Beneath this heading, I added an embed element and typed <a name="WHO WE ARE"></a>

Then in the footer on the text WHO WE ARE, I linked to a standard page, un clicked "open in new page" and typed my Http://www.paperstreetadvisory.weebly.com#whoweare.

I published, and scrolled to the footer, clicked who we are and it immediately just scrolled to the top. I thought perhaps that was alright since the "who we are" section is up top so I tried the EXACT same steps with "WHAT WE DO". The identical thing happens. 

I noticed above that someone mentioned to try and add this below, but it didn't work either. No matter what I have tried. the same thing happens.  

&nbsp;

Message 9 of 24
Square

The spaces in your anchor name are going to cause a problem, since spaces are converted to %20 in a URL string. Try changing your embed code to this and re-publishing:

<a name="whoweare">&nbsp;</a>
Message 10 of 24

Thanks Adam. I definitely didn't think of that. Sadly, I tried this but, still, it's not working. It scrolls directly to the top of the page. 

Message 11 of 24

I tried it again once more and this time, when I click on the text in the footer "what we do" on the published site, I get the 404 error message. what am I doing wrong?

I want to be able to click specific text and have it scroll directly to the coordinating section. ie. click "what we do" and it scrolls to the what we do section.

how can I acheive this?
Message 12 of 24
Square

Try changing your link to include "index.html", since the anchors you're linking to are on the index page. 

http://www.paperstreetadvisory.weebly.com/index.html#whoweare
Message 13 of 24

Any idea about which versions of Chrome are still not fixed by the addition of the $nbsp;  ?

Message 14 of 24

Hey Adam, 

I'm having trouble getting the anchor link to work on both chrome and safari. I've added the &nbsp; to the code but still no luck. Nothing changes when I click the link... any ideas? 

Thanks.

Message 15 of 24

This fixed my issue in both Chrome and IE. 

Thank you, 

- Caroline 

Message 16 of 24
Square

Awesome! Glad to hear that.

Message 17 of 24

This solution -- using this code:

<a name="myanchor">&nbsp;</a>

-- worked for me. Thanks!

Message 18 of 24

Hi there, I wrote about this same thing a few weeks back and the next day the issue resolved magically (although I hadn't heard back from Weebly). I've been wanting to upgrade my site for a while now, and have invested a lot of time on my free site to make sure it's going to work for me, but I keep having this one particular issue with the anchor links simply not working most of the time. I have created anchor links before on my Weekly site with no problems, however, this function simply is not working anymore and I've researched many different ways to do this and found that it seems to be an extremely common problem, but none of the recommendations I find actually fix it.  Please please help. I'd hate to have to abandon Weebly after all the work I've put in so far! I'd really very much like to move along with this

Message 19 of 24
Square

Our engineers are investigating reports of trouble making anchor links, @JasmineCM. Are you seeing a situation where an anchor sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, or just never works?

Message 20 of 24

I'm having the same problem. Inserting code, nothing happens. Trying all the "fixes," nothing. Firefox and Safari. I'm building a new site and the design relies on anchors in a number of areas. This may be a deal killer for using WeeblySmiley Sad

Message 21 of 24