x

Are multiple color blocks to blame for how slow my page is loading?

I have lots of pages with many, many links but the two pages I have with multiple color blocks are loading so, so slowly. Could they be the culprit for this loading lag time?

Thinking I might have to ditch them for formating my headers on colums like this:

Anyone else having this trouble? Thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi Adam,

Just wanted to get back to say I did remove the multiple color blocks and the slow loading is gone. I like it better without so I'm fine on it. I had about 15 blocks and I had made them all very small to just block behind titles but they seemed to overwelm the loading and it was very slow on all platforms. Thanks for checking in.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

@longtimeweeble

Website url?

Message 6 of 5

Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply. I've already decided to scrap the color blocks but I definately think they were to blame. I'll post back when I've revamped the page and report if it helped. 

Thanks so much for your time!

Message 6 of 5
Square

Let us know if you still have trouble with those pages, @longtimeweeble!

Message 6 of 5

Best Answer

Hi Adam,

Just wanted to get back to say I did remove the multiple color blocks and the slow loading is gone. I like it better without so I'm fine on it. I had about 15 blocks and I had made them all very small to just block behind titles but they seemed to overwelm the loading and it was very slow on all platforms. Thanks for checking in.

Message 6 of 5