x

Black Box Lines Around HD Video

Hey Everyone, I make a number of websites on weebly heavily reliant on video content and I have paid for the privilliage to upload HD videos.

How Do I get rid of these Black Lines around the video player?

To be Blunt they just look terrible... I am hoping there is a way to get a HD video onto a weebly site with a seamless player similar to a VIMEO embed option.

Thanks Guys.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

Hey @sammydavis!

What ratio is the video file you're using? You'll see black bars if your video doesn't match the ratio the element is using.

Message 2 of 10

Hi @Adam Thanks For the reply,

The videos are 1920 x 1080p, the Normal size for a HD video.

Message 3 of 10

Here is a screenshot of how it looks.

Message 4 of 10
Square

Thanks for the screenshot, that helps.  Unfortunately, there wouldn't be a way to remove those black bars right now as they're just part of how the element functions. Sorry!

Message 5 of 10

@Adam

thats a real shame especially that its something weebly charge for and make it appear to be an aspiring feature.

it would be cool to see that change in the future?

any plans?

Message 6 of 10
Square

I can't say if that's in the works or not, though you could make a post to the Vote on Features board about having some control over that if you haven't yet:

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/idb-p/IdeaExchange

Message 7 of 10

Hi Adam,

Am experiencing this same ongoing problem. 

I have had no joy getting html-embedded YouTube vids to resize for mobile devices (have tried every html/css tip out there to boot).

I'm having to resort back to Weebly's "Embed YouTube" button - which 'does' re-size for mobiles, but leaves Desktop viewers having these very unprofessional-looking black bars. 

To say "That's the way the element functions" is akin to saying "I'm sorry, Weebly is broken. just deal with it" to a customer. 

The 'default' YouTube video standard ratio of today is 16:9.

If a Weebly element designated to handle this one function in an effective manner does not handle this one function in an effective manner, then it is a 'broken' element. 

This is not 'something new' to be voteed on Adam. 
It is an essential part of weebly to be fixed. 

thanks,

woz

Message 8 of 10

I have the same problem with HD video.  I notice that only video from the website on desktop computer has the black line at the top and bottom.  Website on mobile device does not.  I don't think it is a ratio issue.  I tried changing the ratio of the video.  I still saw the black lines.

Message 9 of 10

I have the same exact issue.  That seems like a basic function that should work.  Is there a fix for this coming?

Message 11 of 10