x

Can't Add PDF

I drag the Document button from the left sidebar onto the element on my page and then click Upload and insert the PDF file name. Weebly tells me "Sorry, we can't display this doc." What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

I wasn't aware of a size limitation for those. I'm wondering if it was something else and might have worked if you'd just re-uploaded the original.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

Sorry for the trouble, @Kay1. It can sometimes take a little while for Scribd to render a document (they're the service that provides that element for us). Usually if you give it a few minutes and reload it should show.

Message 2 of 8

Thanks, Adam. I had waited an hour and it didn't load. So the next day I reduced the size of the PDF from 547KB to 127KB and it loaded after 10 minutes.

What is the largest PDF file size Weebly will load?

How can the PDF be made actual size on the page--it is so tiny it's really hard to read.

And, I cannot see how to make it downloadable. The reason for a PDF is so that people can go get it. ... thanks for your help. Kay

Message 3 of 8
Square

Best Answer

I wasn't aware of a size limitation for those. I'm wondering if it was something else and might have worked if you'd just re-uploaded the original.

Message 4 of 8

Thanks, I found someone who could show me how to add a small PDF image and link it to full size, downloadable PDF. Could not find this info in Weebly tutorials or forum. I wish there were tutorials--the ones on YouTube are outdated/overly first-step-only. Anyhow, I now have the PDF up there and am glad to know there are no size limitations. Thanks.

Message 8 of 8
Square

We have a lot of great guides in our Help Center, although not one specifically on making a screenshot of a PDF to use as an image link. Glad to hear that you have it working, though!

Message 8 of 8

could you tell me how you did this?  I have a PDF I want to add as well 

TIA

Joyce

Message 8 of 8

thanks for this info!

Message 9 of 8