x

How do I change the color of the hamburger mobile menu icon?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

Hi all! Trying to change out the hamburger menu image (who knew that thing was called a hamburger?! lol), as it appears changing the color of it isn't possible (because it's an image). I'm using the Spotlight Theme for this site: www.BodmerFamilyFootcare.com

Another helper in a separate forum told me the following (and I need further assistance doing this):

"The hamburger image file is likely a global resource stored outside of the theme. The way to get around it would be to upload your own hamburger image, then add a CSS rule to specify the element use that image instead."

So the big question is: where exactly is this snippet in the CSS for me to add in my custom image, and how/where do I put my image online to then insert into the CSS? Relative newbie to coding, etc., but I can follow directions very well. Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 16
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

You're in luck with that theme. It looks like it's purely CSS and no image. Add this to Settings > SEO > Header Code to override the color. I'm using black here, but you can subsitute #000000 with any other hex code color:

<style>
.hamburger-line, .menu-text
{
background-color: #000000 !important; 
color: #000000 !important;
}
</style>

This also makes sure the word "menu" is the same color.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16

Best Answer

Ahh, my bad. Try this:

<style>
.hamburger-line
{
background-color: #44331b !important;
}
.menu-text
{
color: #44331b !important;
}
</style>

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Best Answer

You're in luck with that theme. It looks like it's purely CSS and no image. Add this to Settings > SEO > Header Code to override the color. I'm using black here, but you can subsitute #000000 with any other hex code color:

<style>
{
background-color: #000000 !important; 
}
</style>

This also makes sure the word "menu" is the same color.

Message 2 of 16

Hey! So I saw another thread where someone mentioned adding in header code (I was trying to change the button color on the site), and I tried it in just that page's header code and that worked. That's just a side note question. Any draw back to doing that? (other than that particular code not being on other pages if I go to add a button in)?
Message 3 of 16
Square

Adding to a Pages's header code (instead of on the Settings tab) will work exactly the same way, except it will only apply to that particular page instead of all pages of the site.

Message 4 of 16

Thank you! You guys are amazing and SO fast!!! ❤️
Message 5 of 16
Square

All thanks should go to @BJ for this. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 16

Hm @BJ still having a little trouble here. Can you see the menu on the site now? I need the word "menu" to still show up in the #44331b brown. The code changed it from a word to a little rectangle brown box.

The header code in its entirety now says:

<style>
.wsite-social .wsite-social-item {
}

.wsite-button .wsite-button-inner, .wsite-editor .wsite-button .wsite-button-inner {
background:#fff !important;
color:#44331b !important;
}

.wsite-button .wsite-button-inner:hover, .wsite-editor .wsite-button .wsite-button-inner:hover {
background:#44331b !important;
color:#fff !important;
}
</style>
<style>
{
}
</style>

Message 7 of 16

Best Answer

Ahh, my bad. Try this:

<style>
.hamburger-line
{
}
.menu-text
{
}
</style>
Message 8 of 16

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Message 9 of 16

hi guys, 

I'm using this same theme but haven't been able to change the color of the font in my menu bar. I have tried adding the following to my SEO -> Header Code: 

<style>
.menu-text
{
color: #e6c875 !important;
}
</style>

Do you have any ideas what could be happening here? 

Thanks

Message 10 of 16
Square

What's the address of your site, @jonathanepf? That'll help with troubleshooting.

Message 11 of 16

hi @Adam

http://roboseeds.weebly.com

I'm just starting to work on it but as I mentioned, I'm having some trouble changing the color of the font in the menu bar as well as with the size of the logo (I'm trying to make a bit smaller than what it is). 

thanks for your support. 

Jon

Message 12 of 16

Having the same problem w/ a black hamburger against a very dark grey ribbon atop the mobile page.

Tried all suggestions on this forum string, but nothing worked.

Help! Thanks!
Chris

breezewaysweets.com

Message 16 of 16
Square

Hi @christinejensen Cute cookies! Smiley Very Happy

I see what you mean on the mobile site, but I'm not sure if it has to do with the custom theme. Do you remember what html/css changes you made to the theme? 

Message 16 of 16

Thanks, Bernadette. Appreciate that encouragment!

If you look at the entirety of this forum thread, I've tried each of the fixes one at a time, deleting the changes prior to trying the next fix.

If it doesn't have anything to do w/ the theme, then I don't understand why the css changes won't take.

Message 16 of 16

Hello.
One question, how did you get the word "MENU" to appear next to the burger menu? I'm trying, but I can't. Thank you.

@freebirdpaperie wrote:

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

Hi all! Trying to change out the hamburger menu image (who knew that thing was called a hamburger?! lol), as it appears changing the color of it isn't possible (because it's an image). I'm using the Spotlight Theme for this site: www.BodmerFamilyFootcare.com

Another helper in a separate forum told me the following (and I need further assistance doing this):

"The hamburger image file is likely a global resource stored outside of the theme. The way to get around it would be to upload your own hamburger image, then add a CSS rule to specify the element use that image instead."

So the big question is: where exactly is this snippet in the CSS for me to add in my custom image, and how/where do I put my image online to then insert into the CSS? Relative newbie to coding, etc., but I can follow directions very well. Thank you in advance!

Message 17 of 16