x

Colour reproduction

Does anyone else have a problem with colour reproduction on their Weebly web site?  I rum a photographic business and have recently signrd up for a weebly website.  All of my images upload with a totally incorrect colour balance and the ONLY answer weebly can give is for me to upload my images to another site, download them back to my Mac and then re-upload to the weebly site.

TERRIFIC customer support Weebly  !!!!

- Cannot upload colour images correctly and then blame the customer  !!!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

@GFGPA:  I hear you, but let us look at the economical side of your website.  Weebly is perhaps the most 'cheap' hosting service in the market.  All cheap hosting service will compress your images.  If they did not they would have to spend money on infrastructure to deliver the best quality images.  Except for artists and photographers that compression does not bother other users. and good artists and photographers do use other hosting providers who charge premium. .I just read a solution where you can store your images to google drive or other image hosting service and embed them in an iFrame.   

Message 4 of 12

Thank you for your reply, Boba Fett.   We are not talking minor differences here, we are talking major differences - copies are on the website.  We paid an outside source to establish the website initially and she used this image both as a page background AND in a gallery without a problem,   However, the original image did not contain any copyright details (just simple text and nothing to upset anyone's system) and, with many other changes to the site needed, was reloaded  and that is where the problem starts.

This image has been uploaded to, and downloaded from facebook and flickr without a problem, these images were used on Weebly and did not work.  A different laptop was used at this end and did not work.

Our original web developer has also tried to reload the original image in her possession.  In all cases, except, where I emailed a copy to weebly and they uploaded it themselves, colour balance has been unacceptably bad and all images upload with the same colour result.

Message 13 of 12
Square

Are your images in CMYK, @GFGPA? Browsers will only display images properly if they are using RGB color, so you might need to convert them before uploading.

Message 13 of 12

Hi Adam and thanks for your reply.  All images are RGB and, as I responded earlier to Boba Fett, this image originally uploaded correctly.  If you go to our site - greecephotoart.com - and click on ABOUT US and GRAHAM FOX you will see the original correctly loaded image as a banner/background and several attempts to reload the image.  Only one of these is correct and was re-uploaded by Weebly as a resized copy of the original that I emailed to them.

In all, this image has now been tried over 20 times from 3 different Macs including the original image by our original website developer (who can only say thay we should contact another of her clients who is having the same problem!!!).

Message 13 of 12
Square

One of the images was uploading by our team? Strange, since we would have done it the same way you do. I'm curious - can you download the image that looks correct, then re-upload to a new element?

Message 13 of 12

I am having this same problem. I'm a florist and the professional photos of my products look drastically different from the originals after I upload them - they look gray and dull. This is definitely a problem when photos of my work are a huge deciding factor for my potential clients. I've uploaded them as backgrounds, gallery photos, and slideshows all with the same effect.

What can I do to fix this? I see mention above of uploading them to an external site first - examples of sites? Google Drive, Flickr, etc?

Thanks!

Message 13 of 12
Square

Sorry to hear that, @bethanyd6. Do you have a product image you can show me like that? Gray or washed out looking images is usually what you see when an image is in CMYK.

Message 13 of 12

Hi Adam,

Here is a screenshot of one of the grayed out images after upload:

And here is the original before upload:

Big difference as you can see. I'm waiting for a response from my photographer if they're in cmyk. But I'm just now noticing that a few of the photos I uploaded aren't grayed out, and they're all from the same batch. Could it be a file size/compression issue? They're all pretty large files.

Message 13 of 12

My photographer says they're in RGB.

Message 13 of 12

Hi Bethany

It sounds like you are having the same problem as myself and, for me it was a matter of saving to the correct color profile in Photoshop CC.

Try opening a suspect image in Photoshop, click on  Edit>Convert to Profile>sRGB ICE61966-2.1   Save the file after conversion (a different file name helps with identification) and try uploading the new file.  It works for me.

Graham

Message 13 of 12

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the response. I don't have access to photoshop, but I'll ask my photographer to look into it. Thanks!

Message 13 of 12