x

Contact Form on Dusk2 Theme

Hello

We are upgrading our exisitng theme we've had for a couple years to the responsive theme, Dusk2.  One of the first things we have noticed is that the contact form fields no longer have a gray box around the entire field.  There is only a gray line on the bottom of the field.  The contact form will appear to look correct on other responsive themes, not all.

I have search the community and haven't found a solution except to try a couple third party apps.  Anyone have any ideas?  This was to suppose to be a simple transition with minor tweaks but this is a big deal to us.

Thanks

Michael 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hello Michael! Some themes will have differences in the details. Were there particular features on Dusk2 you wanted to maintain over the other themes?

Message 2 of 6

We like how the menu bar works and it seems to require less work to get our site up to speed under this design.  So I assume there is nothing that can be done with the contact form to get the fields to display correctly and therefore I should change the theme? 

Message 3 of 6
Square

Some small CSS changes could probably do it for you, @mysalontouch. If you aren't familiar with CSS one of our Community members could probably help if you provide a link to your site.

Message 4 of 6

Adam, thank for the reply but isn't it Weebly's responsibility/commitment to it users to ensure that every one of Weebly controls work with all their templates they make available for use?  I feel it would smart for Weebly to test all their controls on all their templates to ensure they work and look proper.  There are 71 responsive templates but several of them are reused.  I have gone though most of them and and it appears that it is only the "Dusk 2" theme that the contact fields to do not display correctly.  Since I have do the QA on these perhaps Weebly could take a few moments and make the correct for everyone as it appears to be a glitch in the Weebly control.

Kind regards,

Message 5 of 6
Square

You're absolutely correct, @mysalontouch - all of our themes should work this way, and you shouldn't need to customize code to fix something like this. Our designers can fix the theme itself on our end, although for people familiar with CSS they can fix it immediately with a quick tweak (I wasn't very clear about that in my last post).

Message 6 of 6