x

Custom Font - Mobile View

Has anyone had success uploading their custom font and having it work in both the desktop and mobile views?  I was able to load and use my custom font for the desktop view but it shows the original font in the mobile view.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

While you can install any font you want on your computer, fonts on the web don't work in quite the same way. You can't simply install any font you want to a website and be confident that all visitors to your site will be able to see it.

Generally speaking, it is best (and easiest) to select from the list of fonts found under Theme > Change Fonts. There is a fairly wide range of styles there.

If you're knowledgeable in CSS you can also assign Google Web Fonts to your site via Theme > Edit HTML / CSS.

Click here to view how to edit font within the HTML/CSS

http://www.google.com/webfonts/

Both our provided fonts and Google's fonts can be seen by any visitor to your site thanks to the way they're designed to work. But a font you've simply downloaded to your computer is not going to be supported in this way and is likely to only be visible to visitors who have also installed it on their own computer. That ultimately defeats the purpose of using the font. If you have any further questions about this, please just let me know and I'll get right back to you.

Message 2 of 9

I actually figured out how to make it work... thanks

Message 3 of 9

Hi Lisa, I am actually having the same issue. How did you make it work on mobile sites? I have installed all font extentions and added .svg, ott and ttf files to the .css. Did you do anything different?

Thanks

Kathryn

Message 4 of 9

After staring at it for a couple of hours I forgot 3 lines of code in my updated style sheet... when I put these in, it seems to work everywhere except old versions of internet explorer and so far most phones seem to also now display my custom font.

Message 5 of 9

I am having this same problem (correct uploaded font showing on web, but default showing on mobile). Can you share the CSS lines you added to show correctly on mobile?

Message 6 of 9

yes, please share the codes you used!

Message 8 of 9

Hi! I am having the same issue, what is the lines of code you used?

Message 9 of 9

How did you fix it??? Having this SAME issue!!!

Message 10 of 9