x

Google Accelerated Mobile Pages

Please help me with the guidance of clear cache from weebly website

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Square

At this time it wouldn't be possible to set up Google AMP, although this is something we're looking into adding support for. Thanks for your patience, @Jac!

Message 19 of 18

could you please let me know, how to clear the cache of website

Message 19 of 18

You actually could if you hard-coded your AMP page and uploaded it in a /files/theme/amp/ directory, referencing the amp version in the header of a page (not possible on blog posts because Weebly doesn't allow you to add features to the <head> section of blog posts for some reason...), but that's a lot of work for functionality that should be available on a CMS in 2018.

Message 19 of 18
Square

That would definitely work, although I agree with you in that it would be much better and simpler for us to add this. We are working on it, although I don't know when that work would be completed.

Message 19 of 18

Adam: Any updates on AMP support?

Message 19 of 18
Square

Not at this time, @JSS I'm very sorry we don't have more information at this time. 

Message 19 of 18

It is March 2019...do you know when the AMP feature will be launched? Are the Weebly developers working on this? We need some dedlines as we are considering moving away from Weebly due to a lack of important SEO features like AMP and browser caching. 

If these features will be launched soon (like in the next 2-3 months) we will continue using Weebly, if not we will have to move to another option.

So please given us some feedback on this.

Message 19 of 18

I just found that the only way to access a conversation on Google Accelerated Mobile Pages in this community site as well in support, is to google it outside of Weebly and you can find Weebly links to this subject. WHY is this topic being hidden in regular Weebly platform searches? It appears that people have been wanting answers since 2016. 

Now we are faced with speed affecting all mobile sites built after July 1st 2019 in various ways. Google's "Mobile-First" indexing will give an advantage to the fastest, best performing, best content mobile sites.  Monitor your site speed monthly
Check Test my Site monthly to monitor your mobile speed and ensure your site speed doesn't slow
down over time.
Check out Google's other mobile resources
For marketers, find the latest trends and mobile research on Think with Google. For developers, stay
up to date on your mobile performance by checking PageSpeed Insights.

Message 19 of 18
Square

We aren't hiding it, @bottomlines. Smiley Sad The search function on Lithium is broken and will not display any results no matter what you search for. We've submitted a ticket, though. 

Message 19 of 18

It is March 2019...do you know when the AMP feature will be launched? Are the Weebly developers working on this? We need some dedlines as we are considering moving away from Weebly due to a lack of important SEO features like AMP and browser caching. 

If these features will be launched soon (like in the next 2-3 months) we will continue using Weebly, if not we will have to move to another option.

So please given us some feedback on this.

Message 19 of 18
Square

I haven't heard of any additional movement on this, @REU, which doesn't mean that there hasn't been activity per se - it just means that we haven't been informed of any status changes or potential ETAs.

Message 19 of 18

It's been around 3 years since AMP was introduced. Why is it that Weebly takes years to launch so many important updates? The benefit of using Weebly as a platform for professional designers and marketers has been diminishing more and more as the months go by. I for one have already removed a couple of projects from Weebly (more to come) and have decided to start others on WordPress instead. I've heard that Weebly doesn't have a dedicated development team and initially met that with a bit of skepticism but I can't seem to figure out why else everything your clients are begging for (seo upgrades, better blogging tools, the updated designer platform, forums, image library and the list keeps going) aren't being completed and no timelines are being given.

FYI - Alternatives to Weebly with superior functionality and ease of use are already available.

Message 19 of 18

Any updates on this? We are missing a ton of important features for ranking our sites with Weebly. Thanks for you help Adam!

Message 19 of 18
Square

Thanks for checking - I haven't heard any updates about this, although I'm going to highlight AMP to the broader team this week.

Message 19 of 18

Can I ask the outcome of that meeting please? What is happening with AMP?

Message 19 of 18
Square

I haven't heard anything since then, @woosters, which isn't unusual per se since we highlight a number of different features all the time. I'm not aware of any plans to implement AMP at the moment, though.

Message 19 of 18

Wow...i think that i will not renew the website on weebly.
It's crazy that in 2020 we can't create AMP pages
Message 19 of 18