x

How do Community Ranks work?

Hi, friends!

I know that you've noticed labels next to your names when posting in the Community or viewing your profile. By now, you're probably curious as to what these labels are, why they exist, and how they work. I applaud your inquisitiveness, my friends!

These labels are Community Ranks. In a sense, they show your place in the community. Don't get me wrong - no rank is bad (or even good). Instead, they signal how long you've been here, your level of activity in the Community, and even the type of activity you prefer. Ranks allow Community Moderators and Community Members (that's you!) alike immediately know a little bit about each person they encounter here in our neighborhood. Fun, right? I certainly think so!

At this point, I'm sure you're all saying to yourselves, "But Erin, HOW exactly do I rank up? I want to be the highest rank!" Well, my answer to you is: Rank forumals are a secret, and my lips are sealed. However, I can give you some helpful tips:

- Start posts. (Get chatty!)

- Reply to posts. (Stay chatty!)

- Give and receive kudos. (Everyone loves a nice kudos!)

- Suggest ideas and improvements for Weebly in the "Vote on Features" section. (It's fun, I promise!)

- Be the nice person I know you to be!

Even though I'm keeping the Rank formulas under wraps, I will give you a glimpse at the Rank progression. Here they are, from highest to lowest rank:

Mayor

Commissioner

Counselor

Guardian

Inventor

Professor

Educator

Mentor

Steward

Curator

Scholar

Voyager

Adventurer

Explorer 

Tourist

Let me know if you have any questions about Ranks! I'm happy to chat more about them. Smiley Wink

Enjoy your day,
Erin

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Thanks for the information about the rank titles.

I see that you added a new top rank of MAYOR above COMMISSIONER (I'm watching you @ErinRobot wink

Message 2 of 13

No, Mayor was always there! Commissioner is a new rank that I added (and messed up for a bit, which was why everyone went straight to that rank for a while yesterday).

Message 3 of 13

Okay about Mayor rank.

As you're aware from my PMs yesterday, I did notice that all of us in the community had the rank of Commissioner Gordon Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 13

I've suddenly dropped from Professor to Mentor! Woman Sad

Message 5 of 13

Sorry about that, @SusieO! I'm sure you'll be back to Professor in no time at all.

Message 6 of 13

Woman Very HappyWoman Very Happy

Message 7 of 13

Wondering this myself!  I've suddenly become an Inventor!  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 13

How exactly do I give a Kudo? I know how to post a comment, but don't know how to give someone a kudo.

Message 9 of 13

Hello @MRoden

You will see a Kudos button on each individual posting. Here is your actual post below.

See the Kudos word above? Click the thumbsup button to give that post Kudos.

Message 10 of 13

Thanks Robin. Of course I found the thumbs-up icon right after I posted my question Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 13

No, worries! We appreciate you asking. Just in case someone else is having trouble.

Message 12 of 13

I just got my explorer rank and was quite confused by this title. This post helped clear it right up. Thanks

Message 14 of 13