x

How do I adjust the padding on a slideshow?

I did an inspect element of my webpage and it says that the slideshow is "wslide", but I can't find that anywhere in the CSS. All I want to do is adjust the padding from the top to make it smaller. The spacing is already set to 0 for all sides. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Hey there! If you haven't already, you may want to check out the documentation here.

Message 2 of 15

Hi @Queso

Not only did I read that myself (linked to from the HTML/CSS page), but when I contacted weebly customer support, that was the only thing they could share with me too. 

And no, it's not helpful. 

I know it's not your fault, but I'm extremely frustrated by this and would like a more direct answer than "hey, this page with specific information that has nothing to do with your problem might help you."

Thanks anyway.

Message 3 of 15

I have been wrangling with this for years! Just found a simple solution and it worked! I adjusted the height.  http://techfordarma.blogspot.com/2013/06/weebly-mod-changing-slideshow-height.html

Message 4 of 15
Square

Thanks for hsaring, @RonelleP!

Message 5 of 15

"NO" You did not say where to place and only made matters worse.
Same problem with every plugin and post "raw information no direction"...
Message 6 of 15

Message 7 of 15

@00SecretAgent, unfortunately, we're not able to provide case by case solutions for custom HTML problems and questions, due to the wide range of uses and associated problems.  There are just too many variables for our team to be able to provide hands-on guidance. Altering the CSS of a theme should be done with the understanding that you should know HTML / CSS thoroughly, and be confident in your ability  to make changes.  

Message 8 of 15

Thanks RonelleP! I tried it, and it worked beautifully for dektop web use. Thank you so much! However, I still have excess padding when viewed on a smart phone. Anyone have ideas on how to fix that? 

Message 10 of 15

Adjust the height of what? The image or the slideshow element itself. I don't see any place to add attributes to the slide show or it's images?

Message 11 of 15

I tried RonelleP solution using the Embed/code element with no luck BUT... I took the same code: 

<style type="text/css">
.wslide-content {
 height: 350px !important;
}
</style>

and put it in the Pages> SEO Settings> Header Code and it did work.  I needed to publish the site to see it (that is, it didn't show up when viewing just in the editor).  In my case, I needed a shorter height so I changed the height line as follows:
height: 150px !important; 

Hope this helps. 
Message 16 of 15

I had the same experience DrShapiro.  The solution worked when I put the code in Pages> SEO Settings> Header Code.  Thanks for the post.

Message 16 of 15

This didn't work for me even in the header code. I am not using it in the header though so guessing why and I cannot find where to put in the CSS. So frustrating that they have created a function that cannot be used becuase it looks ridiculous.

Message 16 of 15

I found a workaround.  If you add an empty textbox on either side to create 3 columns it makes the slideshow box way smaller.

Message 16 of 15

I've done that too and it's a short term solution.

I lose more faith in weebly the longer I use their system. 

Message 16 of 15