x

How do I upload an HTML file to my website?

How do I upload an HTML verification file to my website?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Square

Are you just wanting to display a snippet of html code on your site? If so you will want to use the Embed Element, @franglaisone.

Message 20 of 24

These are the instructions I am trying to follow:

Message 20 of 24
Square

Is this to verify with Google? If that's the case you'll want to use the META tag method instead, since all you need to do with that is paste a META tag into Settings > SEO > Header Code and publish.

Message 20 of 24

I tried doing this under settings like you suggested but it didn't work. Rather, plassing the tag in header code of home page like suggested by google, does. (For anyone trying to verify who found adding it under settings didn't work like in my case)

Message 20 of 24
Square

Hi @anecia! Thanks for letting us know Settings>SEO>Header didn't work for you. Did you receive any specific error on Google's end?

Also, 1) Love your domain name 2) LOVE the Huxley quote on your home page!! and 3) Does Scottsdale count as one of your surrounding areas? Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 24

I've tried the META tag method with no joy ( it worked fine on other weebly sites but not this time ). Like you I've no idea where to put the html file to see if that works.

Message 20 of 24
Square

What site did you add it to, @TCC?

Message 20 of 24

each time I've tried ( changing the domain format sometimes ) I've added the property in google then applied the given code in the header section of the landing page at ochilcreationstrade.weebly.com, then tried the verify button but - no. Now I can't even get past the first stage as I described on my last post. I hope that helps.

Message 20 of 24

Hi Adam, I've just realised the last most recent thing I posted isn't showing which was that I was asked to remove protocol and etc when I entered the domain name without www. as you suggested

Message 20 of 24
Square

Thanks. It looks like you don't have the full META tag in Settings > SEO > Header Code. All I see is the attribute part of the tag. If you copy the full meta tag from Google and use that instead, it should work.

Message 20 of 24

It would be nice to have a step-by-step set of instructions on how to accomplish uploading my own html files instead of tryingg to wrestle your herd of cats interface to accomplish a rudimentary web page.  I see no ACTUAL ANSWERS to the question.

@TCC wrote:

Hi Adam, I've just realised the last most recent thing I posted isn't showing which was that I was asked to remove protocol and etc when I entered the domain name without www. as you suggested

It would be nice to have a step-by-step set of instructions on how to accomplish uploading my own html files instead of tryingg to wrestle your herd of cats interface to accomplish a rudimentary web page.  I see no ACTUAL ANSWERS to the question.

Message 20 of 24

I'm dealing with the SAME S*!T  The verification simply isn't happening despite pasting TXT in any of these **bleep** boxes in settings...

Message 20 of 24
Square

Are you trying to verify your site with Google, @seekcompetence?

Message 20 of 24

You are my hero!!

Message 20 of 24

how did you do it? I'm having the same problem. Wanting to verify my account with Google and can't upload an HTML file? ... how did you do it?

Message 20 of 24

I fixed it. Although a different way. Not by uploading HTML file to the website.

I updated the TXT records in DNS at hosting site. It worked.

Message 20 of 24

Hi. Where exactly you pasted the DNS? I am trying to do the same, but I am not succeding. I am going to my domains page, https://www.weebly.com/home/domains, and then adding a DNS record, that has three columns: Type (I tried TXT here), host (not sure what to put here), and points to (I tried the record that googles passes me). What are you putting on each one of them? Thanks a lot for you help!

Message 20 of 24
Square

Welcome to the Community @jp8291!

If you want to verify via DNS you'll need to choose that option at Google and not the HTML file method. Each of the fields will make much more sense. The other method you can do is the meta tag method; you'll copy that and then add it to Settings > SEO > Header Code (if you have the Square editor you go to Website > Integrations and add it there).

Message 20 of 24
Square

We don't allow the upload of HTML files, @franglaisone, though you can use the Embed Code section/element to add HTML code to a page of your site.

Message 25 of 24

I've added it in the embed feature at top of my page and it still fails to verify.  

Propeller ads is the source

Message 25 of 24