x

Instgram icon not showing

Please Advice,

I was just updating my website and from the social media icons, Instagram is not even showing as an option, there is no Instagram in the selection. I wanted to attach a picture to this comment and to show as a proof but I can't attach them as well ( again, there is no option for me to it, the 'insert/edit image' in the box does not give me such option). Please make it more user-friendly, these options are not complicated. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Hello! Sorry for the trouble, some themes would not have the Instagram icon available currently.

Where attaching an image is concerned, the Insert Photos option in the top bar should give you an upload option immediately. What happens when you click the button there?

Message 17 of 16

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. It is very unfortunate that some of the themes do not have the Instagram. Please update it as soon as possible. We all know Instagram is a great platform for social media and online presence. 

I believe your IT team has already made the update because last time I checked the Photos option was not there. Good job and keep up with the good work. 

Best,

Message 17 of 16
Square

There are some third party social icon apps in our App Center you might want to check out in the meantime:

https://www.weebly.com/app-center/search/social%20icons

I'm sure some of those will include Instagram.

Message 17 of 16

I still don't have the option to add an instagram button due to an older theme. This is ridiculous over a year on from this post. I shouldn't have to change theme to have this option.

Can you please update us with the progress of this change.

Many thanks

Message 17 of 16
Square

Hi @GC Very sorry for the frustration. Can you please try updating your theme? Click Theme>Use Updated Theme and let me know if Instagram still does not show up for you. 

Message 17 of 16

Updating the theme worked! Many thanks

Message 17 of 16

Spoiler

Hi, I would also like to update this website with the instagram icon.  I believe the theme is old so currently doesn't support the instagram icon.  This is for a volunteer organisation (http://www.bearvalleyab.org/index.html).  I don't want to change the theme, so is there another way to update the theme to make the instagram icon available?

Message 17 of 16
Square

Hi @bearvalleyaborg It looks like you are using the Weebly builder through a third party hosting company. Unfortunately, I do not have a way to access your editor to confirm the theme options. Is there anything in particular you like about your current theme that is preventing you from updating? There's a theme called Paper that you might find acceptable since it would look very similar to your current live site. If you click Theme>Change Theme you should be able to preview the options before committing to the change. 

Message 17 of 16

Hi, I also cannot add an instagram option to my social icons, and don't have the option to update my theme either, please advise and thanks, S http://www.greyliquidgums.com/ 

Message 17 of 16
Square

The theme you are using is an older theme and doesn't include the option to add Instagram. 😕 It's probably possible with some css/html tweaks, and it's possible someone can help you out if it is something you are familiar with and comfortable editing. If you don't want to change your theme you could check out the App Center. I believe there are some social media icon options there. Or, you could create your own icons using images/links and place them in the footer. 

Message 17 of 16

How do I know which themes contain the instagram icon? I am using "serene".

Message 17 of 16
Square

Hi @facialzen That is definitely an older theme. Any of the new themes will have the option, though. Click Theme>Change Theme. All the options you see are the newer themes. Smiley Happy

I suggest making a copy of your site first (click the three dots to the right of Edit Site) and practice testing out a newer theme on the copy site first. You will most likely need to re-edit the content in the header section of your site, but the rest of the content should copy over. Hope that helps! 

Message 17 of 16

Hi Bernadette, in my case the Use Updated Theme button flashes up temporarily whilst the Theme tab loads, then disappears?
Message 17 of 16
Square

Which site are you seeing that with, @michaelm73? I checked the most recent site you edited and that site is using a custom theme, which won't have a "use updated theme" option. It's possible depending on how the editor is loading that the button could briefly show and disappear since it wouldn't be applicable to a custom theme.

Message 17 of 16

Hi Adam it's reclaimdesign.org. I think you're right - the editor was slow at loading so perhaps mistakenly flashed up the button....
Message 17 of 16