x

Moving to weebly.com

Hello. Thanks for reading my question. I am using weebly through ipage.com. Unfortunately this does not have basic apps that  need. I wish to move to weebly.com. How can I transfer my weebly site from ipage to weebly.com without rebuilding it? This will take forever especially as I an articles page. Also, I have seen that I can point my new domain (which I must purchase) to my existing (weebly through ipage) domain. Will I then be paying for two domains (the weebly through ipage and the weebly.com). I simply want to use a few of the apps that weebly.com has and I also do not wish to rebuild the whole site again from scratch.

Many thanks,

Victor.

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi

I think the best idea is to export your theme from Ipage Weebly account and import it to the new Weebly account. This will move only CSS and HTML - but having two sites you can copy paste the contents... I Dont think there is a way to export database so is also the only way to do it.

Bye

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Best Answer

Hi

I think the best idea is to export your theme from Ipage Weebly account and import it to the new Weebly account. This will move only CSS and HTML - but having two sites you can copy paste the contents... I Dont think there is a way to export database so is also the only way to do it.

Bye

Message 2 of 3
Square

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to import a site built through another host. I can understand not wanting to rebuild your site - depending on the app you want to use they app developer might provide an embeddable version. You might want to try contacting the developer of a particular app to see if they have a version like that.

Message 3 of 3