x

NEW Weebly popup ad in footer

I'm used to seeing the Weebly ad in the footer of new clients.  It goes away when the client  purchases a starter, pro or business account.  The NEW Weebly popup ad is obnoxious.  It just started.  Has anyone else noticed?  I was logged in and editing and happended to click on the ad on the published site, and was redirected to my EDIT page.  Logged out of my site and tried again and all was okay, but that was not what I expect from Weebly.  What happened to the old Weebly logo in the footer.  The current one is on the screen 100% of the viewing time.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Hi @ClientSide I believe the new footer will eventually roll out to all accounts. There isn't a way to remove it until upgrade, but I understand what you are saying about it being in the way. I'm really sorry for any inconvenience it may cause while you are trying to edit. I can definitely pass on your feedback for you. 

Message 3 of 5

I agree, the new Weebly ad at the bottom of the screen is invasive and tacky and very annoying. 

I needed a free website for my not-for-profit, volunteer-run, organisation. The sole reason I chose Weebly over other well regarded free website builders was its unobtrusive self-advertising via the footer. So naturally I am extremely disappointed with this new development.

I think the new in-your-face ad will prove counterproductive and repel rather than attract potential customers. The old version was subtle but easily found by anyone looking to create their own website. The old version gave Weebly a big edge over its competitors. 

Please Weebly, reconsider and reverse this decision.

Message 6 of 5

I have to say this might be what pushes me over the edge to leave weebly for an alternative. I've been considering it for a while and I don't object to paying for a service, but I don't need any of the "bells and whistles" offered by the business upgrade and I refuse to pay $300 a year just to get rid of that obnoxious ad. Come on, @weebly, really?

Message 6 of 5
Square

Hi @ecclark97 You don't need to pay $300 to remove the ad. The ad should be able to be removed on a Pro plan or higher. Can you please post a screenshot of where you see you need to pay $300? Thanks!

Message 6 of 5