x

Replacing a Theme Background Image

Hi, we have an existing picture as our background image on our front page and want to now put a slideshow in.

I don't seem to be able to remove/replace the picture in order to do this.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi Lot

Absolutely... it is a one off price!

Color schemes can be changed, and because it's a custom theme, the level of color changes are much more flexible and in depth if you wish them to be. (You can literally change the color scheme of every element of the theme... Or just the accent color which is what most people do, and is a very simple change).

For all intent and purposes this is still just a theme, so you have full flexibility to drag and drop whatever you want into the content areas (all the standard weebly bits work with our themes).

Unfortunately at this time, demo content is not included with the themes as there's no way to import these layouts as drag and drop elements (would be amazing if we could, but weebly hasn't enabled such functionality yet). so if you do want your site to mirror the demo website's homepage (content etc), then we do offer a bespoke aftersale service where we will rebuild your homepage to match the demo, replacing the stock images with your own and making color scheme changes to your taste. you can then just go in and make changes to the elements we've dragged in for you.

The above however is purely optional. with an hour or two's work there's no reason you can't replicate the exact same setup as the demo page if you wish to ouse that as inspiration or just create the layout as you wish... you'll see on our showcase page some of the amazing creations completed by our customers... we've hand picked the best of the best and all of our customers that showcase on that page are more than happy for you to use their sites as inspiration.

Depending on which theme you select also, we have a custom tool called the WIDG which lets you design your own custom widgets and generate the html code which can be embedded into Weebly via the "Embed code" element. this creates the fancy hover boxes, accordions etc... this is not something we're doing any more (at the moment) for our latest themes as we've focussed more on purely designing around weebly functionality and building any of the advanced custom elements directly into the theme.

If you're stuck anywhere along the way (as i'm sure you can tell from my response) We like to be helpful, so you won't be left scratching your head if you reach out for a hand!

I think that pretty much covers everything, but if you have any more questions, please don't hestitate to ask.

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Hi Lott

In the Webly dashboard you should be able to click the section in which the background image exists and then click the "edit background" button.

From there you can switch from Image to color and just set your background color to white, this will remove the image and revert that section back to a plain white background.

Let us know how you get on.

Message 13 of 12

Thanks! Gave that a go, not sure if I have done it right but it seems to be working.

Now I just need to get my slideshow to fit my background! I was doing so well until I decided to change everything Smiley Sad

Thank you for you help.

Message 13 of 12

Hi Lot

Great news. I do think you may have a bit of trouble making your entire header (if it is your header) into a slider using the weebly drag and drop slider element. With some scripting and CSS work you may be able to get it working, but you might just be better off doing one of the following:

1. Implementing a custom Slider plugin and customizing your theme (This would require HTML, CSS, JQuery and Weebly Development insight)

2. Using something from the App Center (Not sure if there are any worthwhile sliders in the app center)

3. Use a Premium Weebly Theme (Take a look at some of ours for inspiration) where custom elements such as slider headers are included, as well as tons of other cool things to make your site look good.

If you wish to discuss or ask any questions, feel free Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 12

Hi

Thanks so much for the great advice.

With the Weebly themes templates - is this a one-off price? and is there much ability in the way to amend/change parts of the template - in terms of colour, maybe not all the text boxes required etc?

Thank you.

Lot11

Message 13 of 12

Best Answer

Hi Lot

Absolutely... it is a one off price!

Color schemes can be changed, and because it's a custom theme, the level of color changes are much more flexible and in depth if you wish them to be. (You can literally change the color scheme of every element of the theme... Or just the accent color which is what most people do, and is a very simple change).

For all intent and purposes this is still just a theme, so you have full flexibility to drag and drop whatever you want into the content areas (all the standard weebly bits work with our themes).

Unfortunately at this time, demo content is not included with the themes as there's no way to import these layouts as drag and drop elements (would be amazing if we could, but weebly hasn't enabled such functionality yet). so if you do want your site to mirror the demo website's homepage (content etc), then we do offer a bespoke aftersale service where we will rebuild your homepage to match the demo, replacing the stock images with your own and making color scheme changes to your taste. you can then just go in and make changes to the elements we've dragged in for you.

The above however is purely optional. with an hour or two's work there's no reason you can't replicate the exact same setup as the demo page if you wish to ouse that as inspiration or just create the layout as you wish... you'll see on our showcase page some of the amazing creations completed by our customers... we've hand picked the best of the best and all of our customers that showcase on that page are more than happy for you to use their sites as inspiration.

Depending on which theme you select also, we have a custom tool called the WIDG which lets you design your own custom widgets and generate the html code which can be embedded into Weebly via the "Embed code" element. this creates the fancy hover boxes, accordions etc... this is not something we're doing any more (at the moment) for our latest themes as we've focussed more on purely designing around weebly functionality and building any of the advanced custom elements directly into the theme.

If you're stuck anywhere along the way (as i'm sure you can tell from my response) We like to be helpful, so you won't be left scratching your head if you reach out for a hand!

I think that pretty much covers everything, but if you have any more questions, please don't hestitate to ask.

Message 13 of 12

Hi it's been a while since I was last on here but we are finally looking at purchasing one of the webfire theme templates and making our exiting website merge with this one.  Hopefully this works how we would like it too.  Looking forward to the steep learning curve!

You will no doubt be hearing from me!

Cheers 

Message 13 of 12

This answer has nothing to do with the question. I have the same problem:  I can get my new image to show, but when the site loads, it first shows a standard background image. How do I get rid of the stock image so it does not flash an image of food, as my site content is music.

Message 13 of 12

I'm new to this and have the basic Weebly package. I can't figure out how to change my theme background image. When I click on "Edit Background," nothing happens. The picture that came with my theme is of a chair. I can delete the header completely, but I'd like my custom image to go all the way across the page, and not just in the space alloted for an image that I dragged in. I want my own image to be the repeating background.

Message 13 of 12
Square

Hi there. Smiley Happy Looks like you just spoke with one of our chat agents just now and they advised the account is with one of our resellers. Unfortunately, we are unable to access your editor and therefore unable to assist. I'm really sorry about that, and I hope you find a resolution soon!

Message 13 of 12

imageI am having exactly the same problem. I have a background showing a chair. Is this the 'theme'?. How do I change it please? When I try 'change theme' nothing changes. HELP (please)

Message 13 of 12
Square

That image comes with the theme by default, though you should be able to change it. Try switching to a different browser temporarily, such as Chrome or Safari @MikeStevens

Message 13 of 12