x

SEO Question

Hi,

When I search for my pages on google the page title is displayed but it also adds my site title which tips me over the title character limit for seo optimisation.

Is it as simple as using a page title & description on my home page as I read somewhere to leave that blank to rely on the seo under the settings tab.

Here is the page title + the site title

All in One Solar Plaza Light Series - ECO INDUSTRIAL SUPPLIES ...

SOLAR Outdoor Lighting Ideas with our "Plaza Series" Solar Flood Lights, Solar Shed Light, Solar Path Lights and Solar Powered LED Street Light Range.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

You could set something specific for your home page's SEO on the Pages tab (Pages > homepage > SEO Settings) so it has a shorter title. It takes a little while for Google to update its search cache, although you might be able to speed that up with Google's search console:

https://www.weebly.com/seo/search-console

Message 2 of 4

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the help...

At present I dont have any seo on the home page...under pages setting...

I think from memory I was told it is best to rely upon the setting seo rather than the pages seo for the home page.   Also I added this code to the header code under pages>home page>

<meta name="p:domain_verify" content="cc0ba9a5bdf6c708b767edc49a4f53ad"/>

I have the seo for all other pages but when I find my pages on google it is adding the site title to the page name extending the page name ofver 60 characters in some cases....

Site title > ECO INDUSTRIAL SUPPLIES LED LIGHTING STORE 

IE.here is one of my pages and it adds the site title to the page title 

Our Intelligent Smart Street Lighting with HD Camera SNF Series is available in both off grid solar powered and AC Voltage (mains ... Live view or download via WiFi connection. ... Making the most of the grid system with Intelligent Street Light Control System. ... Eco Industrial Supplies offers quality LED street lights for sale.

Page title.

Intelligent Smart Lighting with HD Camera SNF Series

Yet I have this in the pages tab seo page description.

Smart LED Street Lights for sale, Intelligent Street Light Control System and SOLAR Powered Street Lights all with HD Security Camera System.

The site title is set under settings>general

If I leave the site title blank and do the seo for the homepage on pages tab would this fix the problem & still give me good seo for the entire site?

If I set seo for the homepage under the pages tab do I remove the code above?

I use the webmaster tools and have set up both domain names as in the link you sent.

I just set the www as the preferred one for redirects and had not had this set.

Maybe this will help also?

Kind Regards Troy

Message 3 of 4
Square

The code you pasted is a verification meta tag and shouldn't affect anything with SEO, so you can leave it in place if you want.

We automatically add the site title followed by page title for any page of your site, so if you remove your site title (or make it shorter in some way) it would reduce the character count. I can't really say how this would impact SEO so much as how it displays, but it's one solution you can try.

Message 4 of 4