x

Styling a Mailchimp signup form

Hi team

I have embedded a Mailchimp signup form on our site and now want to brand it with our colours and fonts. Following a tutorial (https://uhurunetwork.com/customizing-mailchimp-form-design/) I now need to "add CSS into your website css file". Can someone please tell me where I should add the code? In one of the existing Styles, or do I need to create a new one? Or does it go somewhere else altogether? (clearly I'm very new to this! Smiley Very Happy )

Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

I'm not familiar with doing this, but I would assume you could add it to Settings>SEO>Header. You would need to make sure to include the open and closing tags for the style code, so <style> at the beginning of the code and </style> at the end of the code (assuming those are the correct open/close tags). Technically, you could also add it under Theme>CSS/HTML but I would recommend trying this first option I provided since editing the theme area will flag your site as "custom". It can be difficult to troubleshoot a custom site if you run into an issue or need to contact support, add it's much easier to remove code from Settings>SEO>Header to verify the third party code is not causing any potential issues. 

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Best Answer

I'm not familiar with doing this, but I would assume you could add it to Settings>SEO>Header. You would need to make sure to include the open and closing tags for the style code, so <style> at the beginning of the code and </style> at the end of the code (assuming those are the correct open/close tags). Technically, you could also add it under Theme>CSS/HTML but I would recommend trying this first option I provided since editing the theme area will flag your site as "custom". It can be difficult to troubleshoot a custom site if you run into an issue or need to contact support, add it's much easier to remove code from Settings>SEO>Header to verify the third party code is not causing any potential issues. 

Message 5 of 4

Thank you, Bernadette. My apologies that I hadn't seen your response sooner. I really appreciate your advice.
I had tried adding the code to the Header but didn't know to include </style>, so thank you very much for that tip! 🙂

Message 5 of 4
Square

You're welcome, @Brigette

p.s. I just realized your name.. that's my mom's name! Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 4