x

Transferring from my Weebly Website to another hosting site

This is dilemma I bought a 2 year business plan in Weebly that will expire at Dec 2019 recently I found out that its really hard and impossible to integrate 3rd Party plugins especially the payment and shipping system where I run a local e-commerce store where my customers a more flexible payment and real-time shipping with local couriers which Weebly as of the moment can't do it. I wanted to transfer my Weebly Website to another hosting. Is there any way I can finish my 1-year plan with Weebly and get a refund for my subscriptions for another year? Can you also help with the process of migrating? Thanks !

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

I can't speak to what you would get in terms of a refund but I can tell you that migrating is not possible. Weebly and other similar services are not compatible with each other or WordPress. You would need to recreate your website entirely and make sure you use the same URLs or create 301 redirects so you don't lose your website's authority (assuming is has any). Also the blog CANNOT be exported which makes any blog posts you have to transfer over a very difficult task. I can understand why migrating to another platform isn't possible but I really don't get why you can't export the blog.

I hope everything ends up working out for you.

Best of luck.

Message 7 of 6
Square

The charge is also unfortunately too old for us to refund, either fully or partially. Sorry about that, @gbdigitalca! We are working on adding more features - for example we have a new pickup option coming as an alternative to shipping.

Message 7 of 6

I do appreciate your response @Adam but it doesn't answer anything in terms of migration issues. I appreciate that the website can be exported but what are we supposed to do if we have over 100 blog posts that need to be moved? I know it's not something Weebly cares for but they have to start catering to customers who wish to leave the platform. Not giving them the option will simply stop them from building with Weebly which is exactly what has happened to 9 of my last 12 projects. I could have used Weebly but knowing that if I ever had to move the website due to lack of migration options and functionality limitations I opted for WordPress.

Message 7 of 6

Ok I understand I can't migrate my site but I can still my domain name right which I ppurchased at weebly for 10 years when I trasfer to another hosting site? Can you tell me the process on how to do it? thanks

Message 7 of 6
Square

Hi @comcard_231 You can update the dns to point to the new hosting company, or you can initiate an incoming transfer from the new company's end. 

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/201184656-Manage-DNS-Records

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/216733938-Unlock-Your-Domain-and-Get-the-EPP-Code

Message 7 of 6