x

add sites to my domain?

I am new at this...I bought a domain.  I attached my first site to that domain.  I want to create a second site.  It wants me to select a website domain.  I assume I should choose the third option and enter my new domain that I own.  But, when I do, it tells me I have to unlink the first site from it.  I thought I could have up to 10 sites.  How does this work? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

@Cassandra: when you use a domain that name is gone.  You can have uo to 10 sites like site2.weebly.com, site3.weebly.com......site10.weebly.com

Message 2 of 4

Hi

If I understand one site works fine.

Go to your second site - edit site, then go to settings - change site address with the domain you own and choose the third option. (You have also the instructions in that pop up)

If you bought your domain somewhere else not at Weebly - you will have to set some DNS (A) records.

The provider of the domain should have the DNS Server - otherway you can use a free DNS Server and set two A records (www.yourdomain.com and yourdomain.com) pointing on yoursite IP which is found in the Weebly pop up instructions when changing the site address.

Hope it helped

Bye Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 4
Square

If you bought your domain from us, you can also use subdomains of that domain name with other sites in your account. For example, if your domain is "mydomain.com", you can publish another site with "site2.mydomain.com".

Message 4 of 4