x

ads.txt to root

how do i add an ads.txt to the root directory so a gaming site i use can revenue share and track traffiic on my site

"You're required to create and update your ads.txt file in order to run ads on your website" is what the site says  

softgames.com

Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91
Square

Did they provide any additional instructions or information such as an embed code?

Message 3 of 92

Hi there,

I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it.

Subscribed to cloudflare;

Redirected the nameservers as requested to activate their service;

Opened a blog in blogger.com;

Created a ads.txt in blogger.com via settings/search preferences/ads.txt  ... the plug-in is available since the first of February 2018;

Finally created a rule in cloudfare to redirect (302 redirect) mydomain.com/ads.txt to mydomain.blogger.com/ads.txt.

And it works, I actually validated my ads.txt at https://adstxt.adnxs.com/ so I am really sure to be properly set up. Google says so too here:

Does Google support redirects per the September 2017 v1.0.1 ads.txt spec update?

Per the ads.txt v1.0.1 specification update, Google supports a single HTTP redirect to a destination outside the original root domain (eg. example1.com/ads.txt re-directs to example2.com/ads.txt).

Multiple redirects are also supported, as long as each redirect location remains within the original root domain. For example:

• example.com/ads.txt redirecting to www.example.com/ads.txt
  • example.com/ads.txt redirecting to subdomain.example.com/ads.txt
  • example.com/ads.txt redirecting to example.com/page/ads.txt

https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/7441288?hl=en

Now, waiting for weebly to catch up on this (and is going to be really important) you can try this ....... it costs some time but not any money and you will even gain on site performances.

Good luck!

Message 63 of 92
Square

Thanks for sharing, @Thainarak!

Message 63 of 92

I actually went mad to figure out a solution, I thought my experience could be helpful and I am very glad for the appreciation Smiley Happy

@Adamwrote:

Thanks for sharing, @Thainarak!

Message 63 of 92

Unfortunately this doesn't work anymore. I tried doing this but Cloudflare doesn't let Weebly sites anymore for some reason. Any other options on how we can add an ads.txt file to our Weebly site's root page?

Message 63 of 92

I have the same problem I use Infolinks ads in my Weebly sub domain site and for good revenue I need ads.txt in my site but can’t weebly must add this option it’s really important. And Cloudfare doesn’t support sub domain sites. Wordpress, Squarespace, and wix already support ads.txt Weebly please add this we really need this.

Message 63 of 92

@Adam this requirement is actually becoming a big deal.

Today MoPub - the largest mobile app SSP owned by Twitter - launched support for app-ads.txt. Please see here:

https://www.mopub.com/2019/05/08/app-ads-txt-launch?utm_campaign=MOPUB_NL_GBL_EN_MayPubNewsletter_19...

When do Weebly plan to support root upload of ads.txt files?

Thanks,
AllTheBelts

Message 63 of 92

Adam is rather quiet on this. We are losing money every day with the inabilty to have access to the root domain. Can we PLEASE have an answer as to how we can add our ads.txt files as per Google's demands?

Message 63 of 92
Square

We've brought this need to our Product team, although it's tough to say when or if we'd add this as a feature. Thanks for voicing your support! 

Message 63 of 92

@Adam Well in my opinion if you add Google adsense to weebly and disallow us having the option to get revenue from it or use it then what is the point of using Google adsense and what is the point of having Google adsense in weebly. A lot of people are losing ad revenue and it needs to be fixed! I personally have lost a lot of money in ad revenue and I'm tired of this being put to the side.

Message 63 of 92

Does anyone know an alternative platform to Weebly where this can be done? 

Message 63 of 92

Wix or Squarespace. 

Message 63 of 92

Hello, Anyone have found an solution? 

How could includer ads.Txt in root?

Please help.!

Message 63 of 92

Since adsense is now requiring me to implement ads.txt to my domain root, you have exactly one week to catch up with everyone else and figure this out, or I'm switching to Wix or Squarespace. Ad revenue is most publisher's bread and butter, get your acts together!

Message 63 of 92
Square

While Google recommends adding the Ads.txt file, they state in their documentation that it isn't a requirement.

Message 63 of 92

Can you provide a link where they say that ads.txt is not a requirement?

Message 63 of 92
Square

No problem (first line of the second paragraph): https://support.google.com/admanager/answer/7441288?hl=en

Message 63 of 92

Hi Adam,

Thanks for providing the link. Yes, the documentation says that it's not a requirement but the same para talks about revenue loss due to not creating ads.txt.

Reading that line I can feel relaxed for some time but soon it'll start impacting my revenue badly. Please develop the feature to create ads.txt and meanwhile give us a way around this issue. As everyone is worried about the revenue loss so there should be a temporary fix and then we all expect Weebly to give a permanent solution after some time.

Thanks!

Message 63 of 92

Hello, 

Did you know a solution for this issue?

Message 63 of 92

Admin Adam, I want to know if you or anyone in this forum has an idea about Google AdSense. Does the file ads.txt apply only to those who are selling inventories? Or does it apply to both sellers and publishers? Please, someone give me an answer. I am lost and have no idea how to fix the ads.txt file, and no idea if my AdSense will be affected. Thanks

Message 63 of 92