x

company.gotchyadesign.com.au’s server IP address could not be found.

Hi, I have my company portal set up as company.gotchyadesign.com.au and have followed the instructions with my cname looking like this 

wwwCNAME3600company.editmysite.com. 

the preview is set up like this

previewCNAME3600preview.editmysite.com. 

is this correct?

Because when I click on the link as if I was a client it takes me to my portal but then when I enter the username (email) and password I get this message: 

This site can’t be reached

company.gotchyadesign.com.au’s server IP address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Can anyone offer any help.. it's like this on all my client's accounts.. so not sure where the issue is.
thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

Thanks for posting, @Gotchya. These instructions that our Customer Success team gives for setting up designer portals and previews should show you how to set that up properly:

In order for the portal to work properly, you need to set up two C Name records. One for Preview, and one for Portal (or whichever subdomain names you would like to use).

Portal needs to point to portal.editmysite.com. You need THAT exact url. Nothing else. No substitutions.

You can use a subdomain like login.yourdomain.com, account.thisisyourdomain.com, or any other subdomain you prefer. But the CNAME always needs to point to portal.editmysite.com.

Preview needs to point to preview.editmysite.com in exactly the same way as described above.
Message 3 of 2