x

how do i stop my logo from being blurry?

I have uploaded my new professionally created logo in numberous sizes, as recommended and others, and it always comes out blurry!

Admin have said they're aware of the fault, but nearly a month later I'm still waiting.... the helpline chat fell said it looked ok to him, but to everyone i show it look pixilated! When you zoom in all the other imagges and text remain crisp, except the logo! please can someone advise? www.jopond.com

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 81
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Not sure if anybody is still looking for an answer, but, what I did to fix my logo from being blurry was lowering the image size.  So, my original logo is 502 x 502 pixels, saved as a PNG.  Everytime I would upload it to the logo in my theme, it would be pixelated.  Finally, what worked was lowering the image size to 200 x 200 pixels, saved as a PNG.  This seemed to be the sweet spot as 100 x 100 was even worse than the larger one.  I hope this helps somebody!

View Best Answer >

Message 82 of 81
80 REPLIES 80
Square

Sorry for the trouble, @Pudds. The best workaround I've seen people do is turn off the logo itself, then make sure all your pages are using the Header page type. Add a standard image element to that with your logo only, then save that to all pages of your site.

Message 2 of 81

Thanks Adam, seems like a poor work-around for a weebly issue. Does my website allow for this type of editing?

Jo

Message 3 of 81

I've jsut tried your suggestion Adam, but the header is underneath my page titles, and I can't seem to change that? You cant have a website title half way down a page, it looks odd.... Any other tips or suggestions?

Message 4 of 81
Square

Some people have custom coded a logo in place of the default, although that requires a knowledge of CSS and HTML since you have to edit page templates and on. If you're familiar with both you could try that.

Another option is to switch to a different theme that has a different navigation style. We have some with vertical navigations on the left which might look less odd to you.

Message 5 of 81

Hi Adam,

I'm sadly not a code expert, hence using Weebly. I also chose the theme I wanted and have spent many weeks setting it up. I'm aware Weebly say they know about this fault and that they'll come back to me, but it's been nearly a month now & I pay a lot for this site, which I transferred to from Wordpress, on the understanding that it was better, so I'm sure you can appreciate I'm frustrated...

Please don't mark this conversation as solved, as it remains unsolved and I will just have to wait on Weebly to rectify the fault their end, I just hope it doesnt take another month.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Message 6 of 81

Was this issue ever solved? I'm having the same problem... 

Message 42 of 81
Square

Our engineerint team is looking into the best way to improve image quality in general, although they haven't made any changes yet @am91.

Message 42 of 81

Hi Adam, 

Thanks for the update. Due to the fact that this has been occuring for users for many months based on the various forums I've checked for solutions, I can not use Weebly for my site. I was prepared to purchase a paying membership so that I could take the free site I've been building with to business, but I cannot open my graphic design website with a fuzzy logo. I'm sure many feel the same way. Unfortunately, I'll be heading over to SquareSpace or WordPress for a paying membership there, and I'll have to recommend the same to others. I just want Weebly to know that so they understand the urgency of this seemingly simple issue (all other graphics on my site are fine...). 

If it can be fixed in the next week, I will consider sticking with Weebly. 

Thanks again, 
AM

Message 42 of 81

Hi AM, Adam,

i too am going to have to go elsewhere. Wordpress seem to have no image options and I’ve been using them for another site. To be told this issue is not being looked at, after I’ve been told repeatedly that it’s being worked on, is totally insulting! 

Adam, please advise how I export my website content to another provider. I think after 4 months of waiting for a fix, this is the least Weebly can now do to rectify this fault that they are ignoring.

P. 

Message 42 of 81
Square

Where did you hear that this wasn't being looked at, @Pudds? I know it's taken a while and there haven't been changes made, but that doesn't mean we aren't going to make changes.

If you want to export your site you can do that with the "archive" option the bottom of the settings tab. Note that some parts of a site to not export (blogs and store components), and this is meant to be a backup of your files and not a functional site that would work if uploaded elsewhere.

Message 42 of 81

Somewhere on this feed it says in response to the logo issue ‘we are working on image quality in general’. The ‘general image quality’ is absolutely fine, so it leaves me totally bamboozled as to why the ‘general image quality’ is being looked at when it’s the ‘logo image quality’ that is at fault!

When I upload an image in the same way as all my others, (which look great), of the same quality as all my others, but to the logo position, it comes out fuzzy! Why no-one in the whole of Weebly knows how to fix it and they’ve had four months to do so, is so totally bizarre and frustrating that I have lost all faith and am totally gutted about all the time I spent creating my site with Weebly, especially as a rebuild elsewhere is going to take me weeks/months. For others with the same problem, see www.jopond.com, it’s the site with a dreadful logo and a rather angry owner!

Message 42 of 81

I am also distraught about the logos that I have carefully designed looking this shabby on Weebly...this has been an issue for as long as I can remember (and I've used Weebly as a Pro member since almost day one).

What does it take for Weebly to address something as important and requested as this?

My suggestion would be to figure out a way to allow for SVG logos, and act like we live and work in the 21st century...this is truly ridiculous to have an otherwise perfectly fine Weebly site be taken down by something as ludicrous as that.

PLEASE, Weebly, get this fixed!!

Message 42 of 81
Square

SVG support in general would be nice to have, although it's definitely one way to improve logos. If you have a moment I'd recommend posting that on our Vote on Features board, @tillkrueger.

Message 42 of 81

I just tried, Adam, but it appears that another Idea like that was already posted (and of course, it would have!)...I find no way to easily find that Idea post, so that I could at least give my kudos to it.

how can I either post my own version of it, or find the other Idea post to support it?

Message 42 of 81
Square

Was it this post, @tillkrueger?

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/SVG-logos/idi-p/5537/

I made a change so you should be able to add kudos to it now.

Message 42 of 81

that's the one I couldn't find, yes.

thanks for linking to it and allowing me to add my kudo to it...hope it riles the forces that be...*such* an important "feature", not just for logos but across the entire Weebly platform.

Message 42 of 81
Square

No problem! In the comments I saw that @MJCS has a tutorial on how you can do this now:

http://mjcsdemo.weebly.com/svg-logo.html

Message 42 of 81

I bookmarked that link as well as soon as I read about it, for consumption and execution tomorrow and over the weekend...I can go to sleep with hope, at least...it's half before midnight here in Berlin, Germany, and time to call it a night...thanks, Adam, and a good night to all of you!

Message 42 of 81

so the only way to fix weebly's blurry problem is to convert images to Scalable Vector Graphics (.svg files) and then rewirte code? thats freaking crazy to ask us to do that. we can to weebly so we wouldn't have to rewrite code!!!!!

FIX YOUR BLURRY ISSUE WEEBLY 

Message 42 of 81

Yep! Weebly you promised me a fix for this and I've been waiting since JUNE 2017! That's 7 months I've had a crappy looking website! Over half a year! I just used the mail-out template you provide too and it was utterly dreadful! The logo was fuzzy for God's sake!!!!!
Message 42 of 81