x

how to create drop down list ?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Were you looking to add submenu links to your site navigation?

Message 12 of 11

Hi Adam, I too would like to add submenu dropdown lists to my site navigation. Any way of doing that without changing themes?

Kind regards John

Message 12 of 11
Square

@JohnnyOcker @Hassna

Hello, you will click on the Pages tab to create subnavigation. After you click on Pages you will add a new page from the left hand panel. If you have already create the page, or after you create the page then you will drag and drop the page where you want it to be the subnavigation. You will want to make sure to indent it slightly to the right as this will create the drop down. Smiley Happy Let me know if this makes sense to you both. 

Message 12 of 11

Hello Bernadette, Thank you for the instruction. I was able to make the drop down just fine with your tutorial.

It does make me wonder though, what other basic Weebly functions I "don't know, I don't know" how to use. : )

Intuitive interaction with the site editor is great most of the time but is there an "instruction manual for Weebly" hiding somewhere that I could peruse (Kind of like the bad old days when I would spend an hour trying to program a new fax machine in 72 easy steps! ha ha!) I do read through much of the community "how do I _? stuff.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards, John

Message 12 of 11
Square

Our Help Center has a lot of great guides:

https://hc.weebly.com

Try using the search or navigation through the various categories linked on the main page.

Message 12 of 11

@Adam @Bernadette, apologies for the late reply. Have been on a hiatus regarding this small project of mine. In any case, thanks for you help to both as I was able to resolve my issue ver quickly.

Message 12 of 11
Square

No worries - glad you were able to resolve it.

Message 12 of 11

Hi Adam!

Is there any way to create drop down menus within a page, not on the menu? Say I want to give the client the option to pick the timezone they wish to view our times in, written on a page. 

Is there an app for this? 

Or would I need to search for some embedded code for something like this?

Thanks!

Message 12 of 11
Square

Hi @melissaoh! You'll need to find some kind of embeddable widget for that, I think. I'm not aware of anything in the App Center that does that, although you could check to see just in case.

Message 12 of 11

Great! Fast and practical
Message 12 of 11