x

uploaded background to my product images..

hi, up until a week ago i could clear cut a product image, upload and image remained with white background. Now out of the blue all new product images are uploading with a black background? Even though on my computer the files have white or no background. Has something changed? I am clear cutting new images in the exact same way as i did 2-3 weeks ago and file types etc are all the same..... cant currently load any new product as is out of place with others.

ingredientsdesign.co.nz

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hello! What is the file type you've been using? Transparency may be having an effect here.

Message 2 of 6

hi. Have done both Jpeg and PNG  and both come up with black background. clear cut this 2nd lot all the same way as first lot so didnt change anything. just want to know if anything changed your end so i know it maybe in the clear cutting....

Message 3 of 6
Square

There's currently an issue with image transparency and product images that our engineers are working on fixing (images uploaded to products that have transparent backgrounds will have that transparency replaced with a color). I don't have an ETA on when that will be fixed, though. Thanks for your patience!

Message 4 of 6

Any update on this? I have the same issue as well using a .JPEG file

Message 7 of 6
Square

You're seeing a color change with a JPG, @austin1? That's odd since JPGs don't support transparency. Is it more like a color change for the whole image?

Message 7 of 6