x
Beta Member

What is the future of bitcoin with square?

I'd like to accept payment in bitcoin, it'll be possible in the future??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

It is possible.  Square is currently experimenting with bitcoin in its Square Cash app, so maybe it will trickle up to Square POS long term.  there once was a time in Square's infancy that they offered bitcoin support but that was when bitcoins were pennies not 1,000s of dollars.

Message 2 of 6

I think they need to relook at supporting or another solution will come along.....and quick.

Message 3 of 6

This an interesting topic. I can't confirm or deny whether you will be able to accept Bitcoin in the future, but I would love to get your take on why you would like to accept it @JeffP

I get the logic behind the more currencies we support, theres a higher probability that sales could increase. But, personally I haven't seen to many businesses advertising that they accept cryptocurrencies. 

Just from personal research it seems like Bitcoin is turning into more of an investment currency like gold, rather than a normal form of payment. 

I can't think of the last time I saw someone pay for something with a gold bar. 🤔

I would love to hear your take on it! Do you have a lot of customers asking if you support Bitcoin? I'll make sure to pass your feedback along to our Payments Team.  

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

I was afforded no seller protection other than lip-service after I shipped.  I got signature and declared value insurance.  The con-artist received my merchandise at his home address and then claimed his girlfriend from Ghana ordered it for him and that it was not his problem.  The credit card turned out to be stolen and I received a chargeback.  Wonderful!  Would a Bitcoin transaction safeguard against chargebacks due to fraud?  P.S.  The flood in Friendship, TX, just outside of Houston washed his home away, punishing him for online theft.  I tracked him down by skip-tracing on the web and we exchanged insults.

Message 5 of 6

At Block 11, we have fully integrated with Square products. With our Bitcoin Lightning Node, you can accept Bitcoin instantly in-store or online. We also integrate with Shopify, Woo-commerce, and other large e-commerce platforms. Check us out at Block-11.com If you have any questions submit a ticket and a sales associate will be in touch to set up a phone-meeting!  

Message 6 of 6