x

Managing student appointments, time changes and those quitting.

A Student is quitting lessons. If I cancel the series of appointments the students past is wiped out. I want to cancell future appointments but keep the record of the past ones. Also if a student is changing times and I update them to the new time, it is changing the past lesson times as well, that is not good for my record keeping. Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hello @Musicborders

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! 

First, yes it’s true if you cancel a series any appointments that haven’t been checked out will be removed from your calendar. However, you can still view your student’s appointment history from the Clients section of your Appointments Dashboard, even if you cancel the series. To see this:

1. Click Clients from the options at the top of your screen.
  2. Click on a student’s name.
  3. On the bottom right under Appointments you’ll see a list of any previous lessons, and the status of the lesson, e.g. canceled/no show.

Second, for your records we recommend changing the end date for a series rather than canceling the entire series. To do this from your Appointments Dashboard:

1. Open any Appointment in a series.
  2. Click on the dropdown next to End Repeating and select On a Date.
  3. Enter the date of the last appointment next to Ends.
  4. Click Save (top right) and select Reschedule Appointment.

If you reschedule a series this way the previous appointments won't be affected and future appointments will be canceled.

I hope this helps but if you need anything else or would like to see another features please let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2