x

My Dashboard won't load

I cannot get square to open on my Mac. Never had this problem before and I use it on a daily basis.  It is not my internet because everything else is working fine. It lets me sign in but then takes forever to get to the dashboard window. And when it finally does get there it just continuously says loading...loading...etc. I have exited out, cleared it off all windows hoping it would reset or something, tried calling customer service but close at 6 p.m...nothing has worked. I really need to get on and see my numbers-as I'm sure all of you small business owners know the importance of this. Any ideas or help would be GREAT!!  THANK YOU!!!!!!

Message 1 of 46
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@CPS1 So we can determine if problem is with your browser it would be great if you could go through these troubleshooting steps:

1. Make sure your browser is up to date. 
  2. Clear the cache on your browser. 
  3. Switch to Google Chrome. (Internet Explorer is not supported.)
  4. Enable cookies on your browser.

If you still can't get beyond the spinning page please call our CS team. Let them know you've completed these troubleshooting steps and also let them know the name and version of the browser you're using. (Not sure what browser you're using? Visit https://www.whatsmybrowser.org. Our CS team can also help you with this!)

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Dashboard bug? 

I can't seem to select anything from my dashboard.  Every time I do it refreshes just the dashboard.  Example: I need to send an invoice to someone so I selcted "send an invoice" and it just refreshes the dashboard no matter what I do... ideas?

Message 22 of 46

looks like it resolved itself....because it is working now.

Message 23 of 46
Admin

@Chamber I'm glad to hear this was resolved! Just in case it happens again, the Dashboard troubleshooting steps I shared in this thread should help.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 24 of 46

I'm having this problem now. Everything was flawless my first few weeks signed up. Now I can't load my dashboard. I can log in, it loads up just the sidebar, then the middle spins and spins and spins. It did this one day last week for hours and hours, then suddenly one of my attempts worked. It worked for about 3 days and has started again. Been doing this now for like 5 days. I have many things I can't do and it's really getting me mad. 
I use Google Chrome. Yes, it's up to date, I just verified.

I did all your dashboard troubleshooting. Nothing changed.

Cookies are on. Cache was cleared. Etc.

It does the SAME THING on Firefox and every other browser I have tried. 

I choose square for my small business because I was under the impression Square had the most stable platform. Not a happy camper.

Message 25 of 46
Admin

@beldred I'm really sorry, I'd be frustrated too in the same situation. If yor Dashboard still isn't loading I recommend calling our Customer Success team who take a closer look and escalate this to our engineers for you.

The steps to call our team are in this Support Center article but I've also asked our CS team to email you directly just in case you can't load the page to locate your customer code.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 26 of 46

Same here. I doubt it is a browser problem. Square seems to have had regular issues lately with not being able to connect... Is it related to the latest upgrade which really should be called downgrade since it is slower....

Square used to be so good. It seems to me that the tech people have some work to do: fix all issues before doing another ugly upgrade please.

Thanks

Thierry

Message 27 of 46
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ThierrLRC 

Are you referring to an app update? Or just updates to our website? 

Thank you!

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 28 of 46
Beta Member

anyone having issues with dashboard loading?  Format is messed up on PC.

Message 29 of 46
Admin

Really sorry to hear you're having issues with Dashboard @TheGOB. The troubleshooting steps in this Best Answer typically resolve most loading issues with the Dashboard. If you're still having trouble those steps also include how to call our CS team should you need further assistance. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 30 of 46

Hi, yesterday I logged into my account and the normal home page opened.

Today i tried to log in and the whole thing locks up.  Just hangs there.

I am using linux mint and firefox.

For the obvious security reasons, the privacy settings are quite hight.

Thanks

Harry

Message 31 of 46

Hi @WirNet! I've merged your post to an existing thread that may help answer your question. Let me know if you have any other issues after trying those troubleshooting steps. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 32 of 46

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Is the dashboard down? 

I just get the spinner???

Message 33 of 46
Admin

Hey @drtalley, we haven't heard other reports of this today — can you try these Dashboard troubleshooting steps? Blank screens/loading icons (like the spinner) usually indicate there's an issue with your browser.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 34 of 46

I can log in but I am not able to access my dashboard. It starts to load and then that's it. I have even left it over night and the next morning it is trying to load. What would cause this.

Message 35 of 46
Super Seller

I would try clearing your browser's cache and trying again, things can get corrupted or mislinked in the cache causing an issue.  Or try with a different browser like Google Chrome or FireFox.

Message 36 of 46

This falls under the category of STUPID. I found where Internet Explorer is not supported. I tried Edge and had the same results as IE in that the dashboard would not load. I tried Google Chrome, no luck. I reset Google Chrome, no luck. I had to download and install Firefox and was finally able to get the dashboard to open. It is stupid that a web-based application is tied to a specific browser.

Message 37 of 46
Super Seller Alumni

The Dashboard is not tied to a specific browser.  I have used nothing except Chrome since my business started using Square, with no problems at all.

Judy T Shumway
Message 38 of 46

I can log into my Square acct on my phone but not on my laptop.  I have Google Chrome (updated). My OS is xp.

Message 39 of 46

Hi @tiger0018

I have moved your post over to a board with similar questions.

Check out the Best Answer post by Helen for answers on how to troubleshoot your browser.

Kassi
Message 40 of 46

I received a new PC recently.  I have not been able to have the Square Dashboard load.  It just keeps the circular loading arrow moving, never loading.  I have tried three different browsers, Chrome, Firefox and Edge.  I have cleared my cache and cookies & restarted.  I presented it to IT and they completely wiped my computer and reloaded software. Still will not load.  I have read this thread elsewhere but no specific resolution.  Any additional tips, etc would be greatly appreciated! Thank you. 

Message 41 of 46

Hey @BBrown1 and welcome to the Community.

Sorry you're having trouble loading the Dashboard. I moved your post to an existing thread that has troubleshooting tips but it looks like you've tried other browsers already.

Unfortunately it sounds like it may be the computer itself. Have you tried loading it on another device or mobile device?

Ashley C
Message 42 of 46