x

Can a Canadian square account use the MOTO feature to charge U.S credit cards?

I'm located in Canada and do a lot of advertising in the U.S. We have marketing material where customers call us to place an order.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

I'm located in Canada. Can I use the MOTO feature for phone orders from clients in the U.S?

Will I be able to process their credit card through the virtual terminal?

Message 2 of 8

Hello @peterg, I'm not sure what you mean by MOTO feature. Could you provide some more details so I can give you an accurate answer?

You will be able to accept payments from U.S. based customers using Square Point of Sale, Square Invoices, and Virtual Terminal. 

Message 3 of 8

If I send an invoice to a US customer from my Canadian account, let's say for $100.00 and he pays using a credit card. Will he be paying $100.00 US or Canadian.

Message 4 of 8

Hello @dtsaudio! In this scenario you would receive $100 CAD (before processing fees) and your customer will probably see the charge in USD on their statement. Also your customer will be charged the exchange rate by their bank. 

Message 5 of 8

Doesn't help. I'll just send him a PayPal invoice instead. 

This is something that really needs to be rectified on your end. Square is not much good if I can't send US cutomers a US funds invoice.

Message 6 of 8

I have the same question. I live in Canada but want to charge my US Customer in US$'s. They pay by US Credit Card and I'm fine if it comes in as CDN $'s but I don't want him to be charged any fees etc. and I want his CC to be charged the same amount as my invoice in US$'s. Is this possible? Thanks

Message 7 of 8
Alumni

Hey @Dan2 - All Square charges are made in the currency of your country of activation (CDN for you), and your customer's bank does the currency conversion. You customers are never charged any fees by us. What Chad was referring to were the processing fees you, as the Seller, are charged for accepting the payment.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 8 of 8