x

I need troubleshooting help for Symbol LS2208 with iPad

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Symbol LS2208 with iPad 

I have purchased the recommended Symbol LS2208 barcode scanner and it only randomly scans merchandise. Most of the time it doesn't actually scan anything but makes the beeping noise as if it is. I tried unplugging everything, uninstalling and reinstalling Square on iPad, and updating iPad. Any other suggestions?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alumni

Hi @HWarren - Sorry about the trouble you're having with the scanner! I found some troubleshooting tips for the scanner (scroll to the bottom). Try those out and let us know if it works! 

Message 2 of 11

Is the Symbol LS2208 compatible with the ipad and square stand or not?  How can there be a compatible products page and someone still manages to make whether or not it's compatible totally unclear?

On your compatibility page it says it's compatible with iPads through the Square stand.  On the store page it says it requires Android.  Which is it?

Setting the scanner to HID Keyboard Emulation doesn't resolve the compatibility issue.  Square on iPad still says "No Compatible Devices".

Message 3 of 11
Super Seller

yes, it is compatible.  on the square store page, it says 

Compatibility Square Stand
Square Register
Square Terminal
Android 5.0+ with USB adaptor

Message 4 of 11

I’m having the same trouble - unable to connect the LS2208 scanner (purchased through Square) to the Square stand. Anyone?

Message 5 of 11

I figured out my problem.  I bought the barcode scanner from a seller on Amazon.  When I ended up on Symbol phone support they told me my scanner was counterfeit...

Went to an office supply store and bought another one, same model, worked as soon as I plugged it in. 

Message 6 of 11
Super Seller

That's an interesting turn of events.  glad you got it figured out.  That sure makes troubleshooting hard when the item isn't what it actually says it is.

Message 7 of 11

Thanks Absolem. That does not seem to be my problem however because I purchased the scanner through Square along with the register and other items. Also the scanner works when mated to my pc using the Zebra Symbol Scan123 program.

Message 8 of 11

Has anyone resolved this issue?  I purchased the barcode reader from Square and use the Square stand with an iPad. It plugs in and identifies the reader but when I scan I get and error message that reads “Code not valid - the scanned code ‘xxxx’ could not be applied’. This is the correct barcode in the error message so why an error?

Message 9 of 11
Beta Member

I’m having the same issue.  It recognizes the scanner but constantly getting the “code could not be applied” message.  Any resolution?

Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

@Mydevice is this happening each time you use it? Also, have you tried the troubleshooting steps that Katie suggested above? Perhaps you need to reset the scanner and repair it. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 11