x
Alumni

Spring and Summer Holidays are Just Around the Corner!

Several holidays are just around the corner - Mother's Day, Graduation, and Father's Day to name a few!

How do you help your customers pick out the perfect gift for their loved ones? Do you promote gift cards? Do you create holiday-specific gift boxes? 

Here are some of my ideas - let me know what you think! 

• If you use them, create a sign advertising your gift cards. Let your customers know that you sell gift cards by placing a sign near your check-out. Even encourage your employees to share with customers that gift cards might be the perfect solution for that tricky someone (or the parent/sibling who has it all!).
  • Send an email marketing campaign about your specials. Meet your customers where they are - on the internet. Sending a gentle reminder over email can bring some customers to purchase in-store or online and even having them feeling accomplished for not waiting until the last minute to get something for their loved ones. 
  • Create holiday-themed deals. Customers love getting the biggest bang for their buck, so think about deals you can run to focus on upcoming holidays. For example - consider running a special where a gift card purchase of $30 or more comes with a free beverage for the buyer or the person who redeems the card! 

giftcards-034_Overlay4_TB_02 copy_Medium.jpg

Do you have other ways you promote gift cards? Are they a big seller during these spring & summer months? What else do you do to celebrate in your business? 

Share your experience in the comments below!

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

I'd also be remiss if I didn't give a shoutout to Square Gift Cards - our solution for helping you sell gift cards from your business. 😀

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alumni

Best Answer

I'd also be remiss if I didn't give a shoutout to Square Gift Cards - our solution for helping you sell gift cards from your business. 😀

Message 2 of 11
Super Seller Alumni

Having Square Gift Cards at our restaurant has changed the game for us. We promote our Gift Cards everyday, 365 days a year. We have table tents on all of our tables featuring our Square Gift Cards and also at our register/check-out area. We also use Facebook and Twitter to let our customers know that our Gift Cards make the best gift anyone could receive. We recently donated 50, $5.00 Gift Cards to hand out to the homeless in our area and that attracted local tv and newspaper attention. I've attached a few photos of our setup. 

Fudge and Gift Card.jpgSquare Set Up.JPG

Message 3 of 11
Partner

Kudos to you, Ron! 

Message 4 of 11
Super Seller Alumni

All awesome things @Ron!!!

We get a couple of little spikes around Easter & Mother's day, but the majority are definitely around Christmas. 

We also do a lot of fundraisers with local schools and groups in the Spring & Fall, and they buy a lot of gift cards to boost their donation totals!

We have cards on display at the registers, Signs in our Napkin Holders, and signs on the walls.

And of course a page on our Website dedicated to Gift Card sales - both plastic and eGift Cards - www.pessosices.com/giftcards

Here are our displays:

IMG_6231.JPGScreenshot 2018-04-21 13.46.31.png

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 5 of 11
Super Seller Alumni

Wow! Awesome.

Message 6 of 11
Alumni

Thanks for sharing, @pessosices! Clever of your school partners to buy gift cards to boost their donation totals!

Message 7 of 11

We’ve done several things from giving out a small potted plant with coupon attached and info for a gift card to putting coupons in the bistro beside us and other eateries close by. Huge spring flowers on the windows with a photo of our gift certificate in the middle. 

Message 8 of 11
Admin

Thank you for sharing this @KMadison! Seems like a great way to work with other local businesses too! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 9 of 11

This is the beginning of our really busy season. We have several events..live bands ..at our complex. We do things like buckets filled with free bottled water..snacks ...free bubbles for kids ....punching balloons etc as the events are in the courtyard. Surprising how many new customers we do get just from doing small things like this😊

Message 10 of 11
Admin

@KMadison I have to say bubbles always get my attention! Do you set yourself a budget each year or see what works/what opportunities come up and take it from there?

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 11 of 11