x

Can you customize Colors in Square Appointments Widget?

Can you customize Colors in Square Appointments Widget?

I'm trying to embed the square appointments widget to a website however I have having a hard time customizing the css code to change the buttons and links from the blue that square uses as a default to the colors that I already have on my website. How would you do this?

1 Verified Answer
EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Customize Colors in Square Appointments Widget

Hi there!

I've yet to see a successful customization of the embed buttons beyond what you can do within the Dashboard, but that’s an interesting request. I’ll be sure to pass the suggestion along to our development team.

If you have any success be sure to let the community know in case any other sellers run into the same issue!

38 Comments

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How do I change the color scheme of an online booking site?" The author has been notified via email.

I would like to match the button colors of the online booking site to my company's branded colors.

Ideally this would then also carry over to the embed code so I can add that directly onto my company's main website.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

2 Years Later and still no customization. This is ridiculous. A company at this level that doesn't have these simple functions is a joke. Are you listening to your customers at all?

Admin

I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused @julians, we do hear you! I can't provide a timeline for when you'll be able to customize the booking widget but it's a popular request that we're tracking closely. Hopefully we'll have additional customization features soon. We'll definitely update this post to let you know. 

I am still interested in this feature as well. Please keep us updated.

You could honestly replace "custom colors for appointment widget" with any type of feature request and the chain would look identical to this.

July 12th, 2016

Request to customize appointment widget button colors

July 12th, 2016

Square templated response: “Sounds like a great feature request. We will pass it along.”

July 14th, 2016

Square: Another assurance that the thought of the feature will be shared with the appointment team

May 2nd, 2017

Additional users echo the feature request

May 5th, 2017

Square: “No new developments, but we’ll be sure to update you if there is.”

July 3rd, 2017

New user asks: “Any movement on this?”

July 6th, 2017

Square: “Thanks for your interest! At this time it’s not possible but we’ll pass it along and keep you updated!”

July 30th, 2017

Long time user asks to further accommodate colorizing/branding the booking site with just simple colors.

July 31st, 2017

Square once again: “Thanks! We’ll share this with our product liaison team as well!”

March 14th, 2018

User: “It’s 2018, still no updates. Could we get any sort of update on simply adding a color selector?”

March 21st, 2018

Square: “Nope, no timeline.”

May 15th, 2018

User: Please Please Please.

July 7th, 2018

User: Still no idea when this feature might be available?

July 9th, 2018

Square: Nope, sorry can’t share a timeline. But we’ll keep you updated!

August 16th, 2018

Multiple users: Please just let us change the color. It’s a flipping color. Every other widget in the entire universe has the capabilities of changing the button color.

1 month ago

Square: Nope, sorry. But hey thanks for asking again!

your message brings it to the point!
My story goes a little bit like this:

until yesterday : Square user

10mins ago : tried to integrate the Square Appointment system in his WP site

7 mins ago : Not happy with the outcome (iframe, missing customization options such as colors at the very least

6 minutes ago : started looking for alternatives to Square Appointments, while wanting to remain accepting Square payments

3 minutes ago : foun another online booking software, which only has a PayPal and Stripe connection..

1 minute ago : started receiving PayPal and Stripe Payments, because they seemlessly integrated to my WP site

Really really sorry Square, but hey you had a long grace period to adapt to the competition.

Good night all !

AIR4K, please share the  booking service you switched to. Thanks!

@Square - Any updates on this request?

It's the simplistic requests like this that has us looking for another booking providers. Having the ability to change the color of a button might be the easiest request you could have implemented.. especially over the last 3 years.

The constant lack of addressing these stupid easy feature requests is getting tiresome. 

It's 2020 and you still can't customize the appearance of the appointments widget.

What's the point of an embed if looks nothing like the surrounding content? I wonder how many businesses use a different product because they don't want a stark white, blue background popup invading their content.

I would really love this feature as well, as I would like to embed why booking site on my main website but it doesn't match, if just the buttons could be changed it would be great!