x

How to close Cash Drawer Sessions left open?

How do I close unclosed drawers? I thought they were being closed every night, but for first time ever it showed drawer history with unclosed drawers

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Good question, @Sunset.

Previous drawers will show as unclosed in your Drawer History if the 'Actual in Drawer' amount is left blank. To close them, select each one and enter the appropriate amount left in the drawer, and click Save.

Hope that helps! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Best Answer

Good question, @Sunset.

Previous drawers will show as unclosed in your Drawer History if the 'Actual in Drawer' amount is left blank. To close them, select each one and enter the appropriate amount left in the drawer, and click Save.

Hope that helps! 

Message 2 of 4

When employees forget to manually end the drawer, sometimes the am shift doesn't realize and then multiple days are grouped into one drawer. Is there a way to set up square so the drawer ends itself at a certain time of day? 

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Hi there @MandEcafe - congrats on your first post on the community!

I moved your post to this thread - check out @Spenser's answer for details on closing out cash drawers that have been left open by accident. 

I hope that helps - please let me know if this will clear things up for you and your business. 👍

Message 4 of 4