x

Categories vs Locations

I run a festival and have multiple concepts/booths selling unique sets of items. Last year I used categories to separate things. But at the end of the night, there's no way to know how much cash sales there were per location, so I just had to trust that all cash collected was going into the till. Also had some trouble with the store that had lots and lots of items. Searching didn't work well, so we had lots of miscellaneous uncategorized transactions where they just entered to price of the items to keep the lines moving.

We did everything on phones, and i now understand that tablets afford more funtionality (cash drawers) but I'm trying to decide how best to set things up. Or...should I set up a separate account per store.

Any advice.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Separate account per store would be very inconvenient for you as you can only be signed in to one account at a time and best case scenario it takes 30 seconds to log out and sign in again.

It is very complicated balance of convenience vs accuracy when trying to run many businesses thru one account.

I think you have the best setup in this circumstance right now with each category being a store.

Message 2 of 2