x

Feature Request: Sync inventory across multiple locations

Beta Member

Feature Request: Sync inventory across multiple locations

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Multi-Location Inventory - All locations use same inventory

Is there a way to have multiple locations use the same inventory? We sell orders from several locations and need to track by location, but the inventory comes from the same stock. Aside from assigning a certain amount of inventory to each location, and likely having to shuffle the inventory around within square, and possibly thinking we are out and ordering more when there's plenty in the inventory of another location... Can certain items be assigned from a central inventory stock and other items be location specific? 

I'm not seeing this is possible now, but is it something being considered? 

I'm using Square POS, not retail. I believe retail has a more robust inventory system, but retail is just far more in general than we need.

151 Comments
Admin

Hey @DaoDeJing,

Thanks for taking the time to lay out this business need. I'm hearing two requests: firstly, for more options to customize the presentation in the Online Store and, secondly, you need the ability to surface an item in multiple platforms yet deduct from a single inventory source. I went to look into this and there isn't a way to automate or set up inventory for your tickets as you've described at this time.

It sounds like you would get the best results in this case by re-configuring your online presence with one of our eCommerce partners. Have a look at Sean's post to see if there is a service that offers the display customization you need: Launching an online store? You’ve got options with Square! By focusing on display, you would eliminate any extra work that would be needed to monitor inventory counts.

I'll be sharing your post with our Point of Sale team. We'll be back with any other suggestions or developments as they become available.

Thanks for your reply. Using a separate inventory management solution would be overkill for my needs though.

Just something as simple as being able to change the logo and company info on the online store to something other than the default values of the business (without such a change also changing the defaults for the business) would be perfect. Hopefully some day that feature will be available. Thanks.

Admin

Got it. Thanks for letting me know. I went to check and there still haven't been developments that would help simplify this process directly in the Online Store. Please do continue to keep in touch for updates, and thank you for your patience.

Did you ever figure this out? We sell produce at multiple locations that all come out of the same inventory and I haven't yet figured out how to manage that easily. Adjusting per location is a lot of work that shouldn't be necessary. 

I have set up multiple locations because we sell produce in several different locations throughout the week. I am hoping to set up ONE online store that allows people to choose which location they wish to pick up  there order at. Any chance of making this work?? So far I have not been able to get there from here. 

Admin

Hey @ThreeLadybugs,

Thanks for checking in here and welcome to the seller community.🙂 Were you able to have a look at Ron's and RCT's replies? If those don't help clear this up, you may want to consider Square for Retail, which allows you to track inventory across locations. Learn more here: Inventory Plus.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

Nope, none of it helps & I posted my own question because we really have 1 inventory that goes to multiple locations & I want people to be able to place orders online without having to set up multiple online stores (for each location) and without having to constantly mess with the inventory (although that's already going to happen). 

Thanks,

Kari

Alumni

Hi @ThreeLadybugs - Stepping in for Tom here. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to set up one Online Store for multiple locations at this time. I recommend checking out our eCommerce partners to see if they might have what you're looking for as they typically have more advanced settings.

Admin

Thanks for surfacing, @crystalimages.

I went to check on this and there aren't any updates that I can access and share out right now. I apologize for any frustration. Another seller asked a similar question in this thread: Is there a way to add a warehouse as a location? Hopefully, one of the suggested workarounds helps get you in a better place.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other remaining concerns. I'll be happy to raise them to our Point of Sale team.

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: General questions about employees, multiple devices and multiple locations

Is it possible to have multiple locations but one inventory to pool from?