x

Can you export a report of all invoices?

Verified Answer

Hi...looking for some assistance with this. I'm working on break-even analysis and would like a way to export all of my invoices that includes the invoice total as well as amount paid (separating out the tip).  Any ideas? I'm trying to avoid opening each invoice to pull the info manually. Thanks

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Can you export a report of all invoices?

Update! You can now export all of your Invoices to a CSV file to see invoice details such as customer details, invoice status - and it separates the tip too. You can also view a new Outstanding Invoices report from your Square Dashboard.

Check out this Product Update post for more details: Square Invoices: New Outstanding Invoices Report and Export to CSV!

🎉 🙂

Verified Answer

Hi...looking for some assistance with this. I'm working on break-even analysis and would like a way to export all of my invoices that includes the invoice total as well as amount paid (separating out the tip).  Any ideas? I'm trying to avoid opening each invoice to pull the info manually. Thanks

43 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hi @woodboxstudios

I don't have anything new to report around this feature, but I can pass along your business need to our Invoices team. 

How would you use this specific feature for your business? 

I too am looking for a way to export all invoices(including outstanding) to a csv.?

Any updates on this?

Hi @Dena1

Welcome to the Seller Community 👋🏽

There's no update on this as of right now, but this seems to be picking up some interest lately. The Seller Advocacy can help our Invoice and Reports team reprioritize moving forward. How would you be using this feature for your business specifically? 

Hi!

Is there any update on this? I would really like to be able to export a csv of all outstanding payments specifically. Adding this feature would save me a lot of time!

Admin

Thanks for checking in @AlexLindora, no updates yet I'm afraid! Can you share a bit more detail about how this would help your business? I can share feedback to the Invoices team.

In the meantime, for you and anyone else reading I wanted to mention you can filter Invoices by status from your online Square Dashboard

1. Navigate to the Invoices section.
  2. From the options at the top of your list of invoices click All Invoices, you can also click All Time to filter by date. 
  3. Select Outstanding from the dropdown list to see a full list of outstanding invoices.

Also, if you highlight the text of your list of invoices from your Dashboard you can copy and paste it in to an Excel spreadsheet. This is a workaround so I know it's not ideal,  but I hope it saves you some time! 

Hi, any updates on this feature? Most of my sales are trough invoice and I cannot generate reports on the dashboard like when you have sales. It will be nice to add those features to the invoice section to filter sales by products, categories, etc. Thanks

Hi @cq

Unfortunately I don't have any updates around an Invoice Report at this time. 

You're able to download the Transaction report, and you can then view the Payment Source to single out only the Invoice payments. 

Would that be a good workaround for you? 

I am also looking for a way to report total number of specific items invoiced, including outstanding invoices.

It seems the Item Sales reports only counts items which have been paid in full. We are invoicing for 4 month long classes with a monthly payment option, so many of our items are paid in full until it's too late for any forecasting or even tallying enrollment by class.

I think it would make sense for outstanding invoices to be included in the Item Sales reports and to be able to filter on payment status. 

In the meantime, I'm pretty good with spreadsheets and if there is a way to export enough data in a .csv file I could work with that for now. I see I can export invoice data as .csv, but this doesn't seem to include specific items sales, only $ sales for each invoice. 

Admin

@AIWA-admin You're right, the reports available on your Dashboard only include completed sales. Thanks for shaing how you'd use reporting for forecasting, that's great insight for our Invoices and Reporting teams.

In the meantime, when you export the Transactions CSV you can sort the spreadsheet by Payment Source to see a list of (paid) Invoices, and you can use the Description column to see the items sold for each invoice. 

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Invoices

I am need to pull reports of invoices. How can I do this? I'd like to report in excel. Please help! thanks