x

Questions about building a simple contact form

I have a friend who wants to be able to allow clients to make payments through her website through Square. But she wants people to fill out a small info form that details specifically what they are looking for before they pay. That way, all their information as well as their request come through with the payment. Any ideas on ho to make this work?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Me, too. I'll be hoping you get some responses that are more useful than the one I'm now writing... I'll stay tuned!

Message 2 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @AC1DFOX and @ernietamminga

It sounds like the existing thread Introducing Build your Contract with Square would help get you taken care of. 

You can build a contract for what you're offering, then attach that contract to an Invoice for payment. It's an all in one solution for the contract + payment combination you were looking for.  

Message 3 of 7

Thank you for the reply, even though it's not quite what I'm looking for. Our situation is: we have a videography & video-production biz and we often send out finished DVDs, for example, along with invoices. Folks would like to be able to go online and pay their invoices with a credit card, but the only way we've had available to do that is for them to call us up and we enter their info into Square's Virtual Terminal. Trying to get ourselves out of that loop. (We can take NEW orders via credit card over our website, but we can't accept online payments for already-existing orders that have been invoiced but not paid.)

Best partial-solution I've found so far is to let the customer initiate a payment to us via PayPal's "Send Money" function. That's okay to an extent -- of course, it means that the customer has to have a PayPal account, which not everyone has. Might be as close to a solution as we're going to get, because our customer/sales database is not online (good old-fashioned Microsoft Access database, with upwards of 20,000 customers in it going back over 20 years). If a solution would allow a customer to send us a credit card payment without having to have their own account in some online platform, that would be ideal. I don't expect to actually find such a solution, though.

Message 4 of 7

Hello @ernietamminga, have you considered using Square's Invoices?

With Square Invoices you'll send it digitally to a customers email address. When the customer selects the pay link they will be taken to a secure page to enter their credit card information and you'll receive the payment in 1-2 business days. Also the processing fee for invoices is lower than Virtual Terminal. 🙂

Message 5 of 7

Thank you. I think our situation is kind of strange... we send out DVDs to customers who have ordered them, along with a physical invoice. Customers can send us a check in payment, but often they want to pay by credit card online. Currently they can pay by Ccard by physically writing down the info and sending it to us, or by telephoning us and giving us their CCard info. In both cases, I then enter their info into Square Virtual Terminal. I'm looking for a way to let the customer send us a payment online, without having to give us the info by telephone or in writing. I know we could send E-invoices to everybody, but we often send out well over 100 DVDs and (physical) invoices at a time - our customer database creates the physical invoices for us, and we mail them out. Really don't want to create hundreds of e-invoices in addition to that.

Like I said... I think our situation, and our needs, are kind of strange.

I think I'm going to create an online form where a customer can send us their Ccard info without having to send it in physically and without having to reach us by phone. I'll still have to manually enter the info from the form into the Virtual Terminal to complete the transaction, but that's at least one step closer to what we're trying to figure out how to do...  One little bit easier for the customer.

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Thanks for circling back with those details, @ernietamminga. I don't have another workaround that I can suggest right now—what Chad suggested with Square Invoices seems like the closest bet—but I will definitely share your post with our Invoices Team. We want to be sure that all of our sellers are able to process payments with ease and that everything is 100% secure. Let us know if anything else comes up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 7