x

Square for Restaurants: Can you export your menu?

Beta Member

Square for Restaurants: Can you export your menu?

I have a wine bar with hundreds of wines.  Is there a way to add the menu name to the mass import item library template?  I can fill in the menu name there instead of going into the item and manually assigning a menu.

21 Comments

I set up our menu in Square before I subscribed to S4R. There is only one account. The "Items" from square can be exported as cvs or excel but in "Menu" I can't find a path to import files.

I guess my question is can files be imported to S4R?

Admin

Hi @cfhalterman! Helen here stepping in for Tom.

If you've already set up your items they'll already be available in Square for Restaurants:

1. Navigate to the Menus section of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Create Menu and then click Add Items to build your menu.
  3. After you click Add Items you'll see a list of the items you've created. You can search or scroll through the list to add each one to your menu. 
  4. If you'd to see how menus appear on your Restaurants Point of Sale click Grid Layout

Head to our Support Center for the steps to create Display Groups and add items to each group.

If you have any other questions please reply here so we can help! 

I am with CBenson on this- why in the world is it not easier for you and for your customers to simply copy an entire menu?  We have a tap room with 33 beers, all in pints, 1/2 pints,growlers and growlettes. I am just opening another location and I have to add all132 items again?  that feels idiculous- just saying...

Any news about possibly transferring menus over to new locations yet?

Admin

Not yet @HT2! Do you have a lot of items in your menu? Or several locations? Any additional information you can provide will us to advocate for this on your behalf! 

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I run a different menu at a second location?

I have an event and the menu is limited. I normally run out of my home location but will be catering at the same time. How can I run this second location with a some what different menu?

Admin

Hi @crizler2! You can build another menu for your second location but it's not possible to transfer or copy your current menu from your first location. Very sorry! We're tracking this feature request here.

If you have any other questions please let me know! 

I am opening another location and want to use the same online menu? I understand that I would have an option to pick location but does the orders go to the old location square registry or and how to make it go to the square registry at the new location?

Square Community Moderator

Hi @DaveP64! I've merged your post to an existing thread where Helen details how to copy an item library over to a new location. Once you do this and set up your online store for another location, your orders will be separated by location as well. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @c59w

I appreciate you taking the time to post your question in the Community!

Right now, you won't be able to add the menu options when you're importing those items. You're only able to do that in your Dashboard. 

Being able to do this would be a Feature Request and I would be happy to tag this for our Product Team as such. 

Thank you!