x

Square campaign had an audience of 129, but it says 0 emails have been sent?

Hi there,

Yesterday evening I sent out my first marketing campaign to my frequently returning customers. It was an audience of about 129 people, but my campaign says that 0 emails have been sent, yet somehow there's only been 1 recipient. I'm a little confused here. Please see the following photos:

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 1.23.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-31 at 1.23.15 PM.png

Would anyone be able to help clear this up? Thanks!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@pvdonuts - To get started, welcome to the Seller Community. We're so happy to have you on board with us, and can't wait to hear you contribute your expertise with your fellow memebers. 🙂

As for your question, happy to provide more details. Our email campaigns run once a day, and send up to 50 emails a day. So it may take 24 hours for a campaign to start and several days to reach all your customers - especially if you have over 50 customers in the regulars or feedback group. Hope this helps! 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square

Best Answer

@pvdonuts - To get started, welcome to the Seller Community. We're so happy to have you on board with us, and can't wait to hear you contribute your expertise with your fellow memebers. 🙂

As for your question, happy to provide more details. Our email campaigns run once a day, and send up to 50 emails a day. So it may take 24 hours for a campaign to start and several days to reach all your customers - especially if you have over 50 customers in the regulars or feedback group. Hope this helps! 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 2 of 13

Hey @Sean, thanks for your answer! This was extremely helpful, and after checking back in, I've noticed that my campaign is in fact fully active.

Thanks so much!!

Message 3 of 13
Square

@pvdonuts - You're very welcome, and I hope your campaign is successful. Look forward to seeing more threads and comments from you in the future! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 13

I'm having the same issue and it's been a few days since I've started the trial campaign. Any pointers as to why it reads "0" sent yet I have 247 reachable contacts? Thanks in advance!

Message 5 of 13
Admin

Hey @mightybites, thanks for bringing this up. Is there any chance that you set up an automated campaign?

If so, that may explain the delay as automated email campaigns are sent out based on specific customer actions. For example, some automatic campaigns aren't triggered until a customer leaves feedback through a Square receipt. Find a list of available automatic campaigns and what initiates the email in our Support Center: Using Automated Campaigns.

If this doesn't help clear things up, please let our Support Team know and they'll have a closer look as soon as possible.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 6 of 13

So if an automated campaign went out, will it still say "0 emails sent"? Thanks. 

Message 7 of 13

Hello @monny44

It will probably say 0 emails sent right after setting it up, but after 24 hours the number should update since the emails are only sent out once a day. 

Message 8 of 13

Thanks

Message 9 of 13

Hi there.  I sent an email campaign today and it had 0% opens.  I typically have 20% on a low performing campaign.  Anyone else having an issue?

Message 10 of 13
Admin

Hey @Mulberry! Check out Sean and @Tom's answers on this thread for some reasons as to why you're seeing that 0% open rate (for now). If the open rate still shows 0% after about 24 hours since you sent the campaign, give our Marketing team a shout. They'll take a look on the back end of things to see what the cause might be.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 11 of 13

Hi.  Thanks for the response.  It's been 48 hours since the campaign sent and still not a single open/click in the report.  I opened and clicked through the one sent to my personal account 24 hours ago and it didn't show up on the report.  We typically get 20%-30% open rates.  Our previous campaign had a 22% open rate.  

Message 12 of 13
Square Community Moderator

@Mulberry thanks for letting us know. I've sent a case over to our Customer Success team for you, so you should be hearing back via email in regards to the Marketing issue at hand here. ❤️

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 13