x

How do I change the email address tied to my Square account?

Hello. How do I change my email address? 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 60
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @metalfab10, thanks for getting in touch.

You can change the email address currently associated with your Square account by logging in to your Account & Settings, and then following these steps:

1. Click the "Change" button next to the field where your current email address appears.
  2. Enter your new email address twice on the confirmation pop up. 
  3. Check the inbox of your old email for a notification from Square.
  4. Open the message and locate the code.
  5. Enter the code in your Dashboard and confirm the action.

If you're not able to receive the verification email at your original email address, please contact our support team — we'll get it sorted out ASAP. Find more information and step-by-steps in our Support Center article:

Edit Your Account and Business Settings 

That should do it! If you run into any trouble, please feel free to let us know! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

How do we change our email for the square?

Message 2 of 60
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @metalfab10, thanks for getting in touch.

You can change the email address currently associated with your Square account by logging in to your Account & Settings, and then following these steps:

1. Click the "Change" button next to the field where your current email address appears.
  2. Enter your new email address twice on the confirmation pop up. 
  3. Check the inbox of your old email for a notification from Square.
  4. Open the message and locate the code.
  5. Enter the code in your Dashboard and confirm the action.

If you're not able to receive the verification email at your original email address, please contact our support team — we'll get it sorted out ASAP. Find more information and step-by-steps in our Support Center article:

Edit Your Account and Business Settings 

That should do it! If you run into any trouble, please feel free to let us know! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Message 3 of 60

I can't get in to my old email box to get the verification code.  The address given you was wrong which is why I need to change it to the proper one

Message 4 of 60

So what do I do?

Message 5 of 60
Square

@Dancing-bear - If you can reach out directly, a supported can work with you to update this manually. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 6 of 60

Hello,

I am trying to change my email address because my old email was hacked and now is disabled. I CANNOT access my old email. How do I receive an access code? Can Square text the code to me?

Message 7 of 60

I have reched out many times and nobody has emailed me back. I cannot access my original email. i need help

Message 8 of 60

In order to change my email address, you send a verification to my old address. But I do not have that address anymore, so I can't get the code!

So how can I get you to send me the code to my current email address?

Your "click here" for help link only send me back to where I started and is not helpful!

Message 9 of 60
Admin

Hey @MSS — sorry to hear about the situation you're in with the login email. We'll need to get you in touch with a team member so that they can get this sorted out for you. Please contact our Support Team directly and provide both of your email addresses. They'll get back to you with next steps ASAP.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 10 of 60

I have reached out several times about me not being able to get into my old email and it's been a week and no one has reached out! Also, my deposit has not yet hit my bank account I've contacted my bank and they are still good to revive money, the transaction happened 12 pm last Thursday. I NEED HELP ASAP! 

Message 11 of 60

Helppppp!

I can no longer access the email associated with my account. So, I cannot use the suggested way to change my email. I went to the community board & read that some people had success by contacting customer support. I found the support phone number, called & a recording told me that I needed a customer code. So I did what was asked, but cannot get a customer code. So I'm stuck & need help asap!

Please tell me how to proceed, I need access to my account badly!

Thanks in advance,

Sheryl

Message 12 of 60

I am unable to change my email address, I no longer have access to the old one.

When trying to generate a support code it tells me 

No Cash account with that email address

It's the same email address I sude to log into my square account.  Please help!

Message 13 of 60
Square

@brianbr - Happy to help advise. Since you no longer have access to this email address but you're still able to log in to your account, we'll just need to have you give us a call. We'll confirm some security details, and then manually help you update this information. If you're not sure how to reach us over the phone, just check out this thread. Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 14 of 60

What is that freaking phone number, I have the same problem and it is frustrated because you don't privide any solution

Message 15 of 60

Hey @RosesAmerica, check out Toms answer on the first page. Our phone number is 1-855-700-6000, but you will need your customer code from the contact support link Tom posted. 

Message 16 of 60

My e-mail for square is closed,.  I cannot get code you send me.   New e-mail is [Removed Personal Information].

Message 17 of 60
Square

Hi @doloreshestad, sorry to hear about the trouble! While we won't be able to assist with your account settings here in the Community, I see that a Support team member followed up with you via email yesterday. Check your inbox for "Message from Square Support" and follow up there when you can!

Message 18 of 60

Tom, your answer does not work. You will still have the same old email on your account. There is no way to change it. My problem is that I have to keep logging in just to see the customers full order. It's annoying.

Message 19 of 60

Tom, Any ideas how I can change my email address (Bendbroadband) in Square without going to my old email account which has been closed (comcast)? Square keeps saying I have to verify the account in my old email first. It is closed.

Message 20 of 60
Square

Hi @deborahahall — Welcome to the Seller Community, and I'm happy to point you in the right direction. It looks like another seller had the same question for Tom in another thread, and received an answer. Check out that thread! 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Message 21 of 60